It is currently May 6th, 2024, 11:04 am

Enigma Notes Bug?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
thefallofroy

Enigma Notes Bug?

Post by thefallofroy »

I am basically using the default Enigma theme for my Rainmeter. I have done some very small tweaks to some of the configs like color just to fit my preference, but thats the only thing I have ever tweaked. So I have the notes config, and i edited the notes simply by clicking the little check mark icon, and made the notes what I want. I haven't edited them in a while but when I edit them today, save the code, and then refresh it my notes don't appear. The only thing that is show is just the check mark icon. I didn't edit anything accept what I edited when I first changed it. I don't know what's wrong.

Specs:
Rainmeter 1.3 rev 560 (32-bit)
Windows Vista (32-bit)
That'll put hair on your chest...
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Enigma Notes Bug?

Post by dragonmage »

Are you sure you didn't delete the <notes></notes> tags?
thefallofroy

Post by thefallofroy »

Omg, why didn't I think of that? You were right, I somehow deleted the end tag. But I swear I don't remember deleting it. Weird...
That'll put hair on your chest...
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I might have a solution that will keep that from happening in future versions. I'll test it out when I get a chance.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Dragonmage, if you like I think I may have written up a version that accepts notes with or without the tags. If all of the tags are there it works as it does now. Otherwise, it assumes the whole thing is the note. If you like, I could send it along.
ImageImageImageImage
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Alex2539 wrote:Dragonmage, if you like I think I may have written up a version that accepts notes with or without the tags. If all of the tags are there it works as it does now. Otherwise, it assumes the whole thing is the note. If you like, I could send it along.
Sure, I'll have a look at it. I'm actually planning a multi-page update to Notes. It will look similar to the multi-feed RSS reader with the little dots at the bottom to click on to change pages.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

It's based on an older version of Enigma, but the important bits are the measures so I trimmed it down to just what you need:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTitle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
Url=file://#CURRENTPATH#Notes.txt
RegExp="(?siU)(.*)(<title>(.*?)</title>.*<notes>(.*?)</notes>.*?|)$"
StringIndex=3
UpdateRate=10
Substitute="":"Notes"

[MeasureNotes]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
Url=[MeasureTitle]
StringIndex=4
Substitute="- ":"· "

[MeasureDefault]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
URL=[MeasureTitle]
StringIndex=1
Substitute="- ":"· "

[Title]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTitle

[Notes]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureNotes
MeasureName2=MeasureDefault
Y=R
Text=%1%2
MeasureTitle is the main parser measure. If the notes are properly formatted, it returns the text between the <title></title> tags, otherwise it is blank which is substitutes to "Notes". MeasureNotes returns what is between the <notes></notes> tags if it is properly formatted, otherwise it returns nothing. MeasureDefault returns nothing if the notes are properly formatted, otherwise it returns the entire Notes.txt file.
ImageImageImageImage