It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 1:31 pm

Change Metering from Winamp to Windows Media Player

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Deviatore

Change Metering from Winamp to Windows Media Player

Post by Deviatore »

Hey i am using Enigma skin and that Now playing meter doesnt change when i play any song in WMP. at first i thought that somethings wrong with my configuration but it didnt help, at last i found on this forum that it works for winamp only. i have seen itunes plugin but is there any windows media player plugin for it ??
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Change Metering from Winamp to Windows Media Player

Post by dragonmage »

I do not know of a WMP plugin currently.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

I recommend getting a nother player. Winamp or Foobar. My personal choice is foobar for it's brialliant solution with tabbed playlists which offers easy switching.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Deviatore

Post by Deviatore »

yeah they are a good media players but i use WMP cause of its toolbar at the taskbar which makes it easy to change songs, on the other hand, i will have to switch windows when i use foobar, that i dont like :(
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Or you can use hotkeys, pretty much all players have hotkeys you can use to control them even if the player isn't visible. If you use the WMP toolbar though, why would you need Rainmeter to control WMP? The toolbar is already there, and any controller you make with Rainmeter you would have to minimize your windows to get to it, unless you made it always on top.

That being said, it probably is possible to control WMP using window messages and Rainmeter's WindowMessagePlugin, but someone will have to make the effort of finding out the exact window messages to send to WMP. A short search revealed that it might be hard to find the info. I did find this http://evotalk.net/blog/2008/06/sendmessage-to-control-wmp.html which looked promising, but after a few quick tests the only thing I got to work was for it to display the titlebar text of WMP. I have too many other things going on to spend any time doing extensive research and testing on this. If you want you can read the wiki and download some skins that use the window message plugin (some of the winamp controllers do) and see what you can find out.
Deviatore

Post by Deviatore »

hey dragonmage, i do not want to control the player through rainmeter, i just wish to display the now playing i.e., the song name in rainmeter
existingdark

Post by existingdark »

If you want to control WMP with Rainmeter, I've found an absolute GEM

http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/43516

On another note, I, too, want a "now playing" for WMP. I don't like Winamp at all and it's just too annoying to bother with for me. WMP is so easy to use. Is there such a skin?
garethgonzales

Post by garethgonzales »

Hi guys, sorry for bringing up and old thread, but I was looking for this. After a bit of searching, I found this guy:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=WMP+rainmeter#/d2sirf5

Works ok for me.
Cheers