It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 1:13 pm

Help changing launch programs for a Menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Tallguy156

Help changing launch programs for a Menu

Post by Tallguy156 »

Hey all i have been having som trouble figuring out how to add new programs to execute upon clicking the icons of a menu bar from enigma setup.
if per say my skype.exe was in this path
C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Desktop Icons
what do i have to do to this code in order for the 4th icon the one set up for skype ba able to launch skype?
Tips and help will be greatly appreciated

heres my code

Code: Select all

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; ENIGMA LAUNCHER MENU
; Class: Special

[Rainmeter]
Author=Kaelri.LCD@gmail.com
AppVersion=1001000
Update=3600000
MiddleMouseDownAction=!RainmeterRefresh #CURRENTCONFIG#

[Metadata]
Name=Enigma Launcher Menu
Config=Enigma | Taskbar | Launcher | Menu
Description=This skin launches up to 5 Windows applications.
Instructions=Click the icon in each panel to launch the application. | Each button can be customized to launch your app of choice. All you need is the name, the location, and (if you want to change them) new button images. The first image defines the icon as it normally appears; the second, with the "Active" suffix, is what shows when the mouse is pressed down.
Version=2.7
Tags=Taskbar | Launcher
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Preview=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Preview.png

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc

MediaName=#App1#
MediaLocation=#App1Path#
MediaIcon=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\word_dark_overlay.png
MediaIconActive=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\word_dark_overlay.png

PhotoName=#App2#
PhotoLocation=#App2Path#
PhotoIcon=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\adobe_photoshop_cs3_overlay.png
PhotoIconActive=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\adobe_photoshop_cs3_overlay.png

BrowserName=#App3#
BrowserLocation=#App3Path#
BrowserIcon=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\Speaker_Icon.png
BrowserIconActive=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\Speaker_Icon.png

EditorName=#App4#
EditorLocation=#App4Path#
EditorIcon=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\skype.png
EditorIconActive=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\skype.png

ChatName=#App5#
ChatLocation=#App5Path#
ChatIcon=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\HP-iTunes-Dock-512.png
ChatIconActive=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Launcher\HP-iTunes-Dock-512.png

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; STYLES

[StyleButton]
X=92r
Y=5
W=25
H=25

[StyleButtonActive]
X=r
Y=r
W=25
H=25
Hidden=1

[StyleLabel]
X=28r
Y=5r
H=10
W=20
FontColor=#Color2#
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#Height2#
StringAlign=LEFT
StringStyle=NORMAL
AntiAlias=1

; METERS

[Border]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Images\Taskbar\NootoVS Taskbar.jpg
W=588
H=33

[Detail1]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 192
X=r
Y=r
W=3
H=33

[Detail2]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 192
X=117
Y=r
W=3
H=33

[Detail3]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=Detail2
X=234

[Detail4]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=Detail2
X=351

[Detail5]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=Detail2
X=471

;-----------------------

[Media]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleButton
ImageName=#MediaIcon#
X=20
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter MediaActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Media][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MediaActive]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleButtonActive
ImageName=#MediaIconActive#
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#MediaLocation#"][!RainmeterShowMeter Media][!RainmeterHideMeter MediaActive][!RainmeterHide "Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\AppsMenu"][!RainmeterHideMeter Grabber Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterShowMeter Apps Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterHideMeter AppsActive Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MediaLabel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Word"

; -------------------------

[Photo]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleButton
ImageName=#PhotoIcon#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter PhotoActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Photo][!RainmeterRedraw]

[PhotoActive]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#PhotoIconActive#
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#PhotoLocation#"][!RainmeterShowMeter Photo][!RainmeterHideMeter PhotoActive][!RainmeterHide "Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\AppsMenu"][!RainmeterHideMeter Grabber Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterShowMeter Apps Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterHideMeter AppsActive Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterRedraw]

[PhotoLabel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Photoshop"

[Browser]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleButton
ImageName=#BrowserIcon#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter BrowserActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Browser][!RainmeterRedraw]

[BrowserActive]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#BrowserIconActive#
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#BrowserLocation#"][!RainmeterShowMeter Browser][!RainmeterHideMeter BrowserActive][!RainmeterHide "Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\AppsMenu"][!RainmeterHideMeter Grabber Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterShowMeter Apps Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterHideMeter AppsActive Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterRedraw]

[BrowserLabel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Sound Max"

[Editor]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleButton
ImageName=#EditorIcon#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter EditorActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Editor][!RainmeterRedraw]

[EditorActive]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#EditorIconActive#
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#EditorLocation#"][!RainmeterShowMeter Editor][!RainmeterHideMeter EditorActive][!RainmeterHide "Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\AppsMenu"][!RainmeterHideMeter Grabber Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterShowMeter Apps Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterHideMeter AppsActive Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterRedraw]

[EditorLabel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Skype"

[Chat]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleButton
ImageName=#ChatIcon#
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter ChatActive][!RainmeterHideMeter Chat][!RainmeterRedraw]

[ChatActive]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#ChatIconActive#
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ChatLocation#"][!RainmeterShowMeter Chat][!RainmeterHideMeter ChatActive][!RainmeterHide "Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\AppsMenu"][!RainmeterHideMeter Grabber Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterShowMeter Apps Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterHideMeter AppsActive Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Apps][!RainmeterRedraw]

[ChatLabel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Itunes"
Last edited by jsmorley on October 24th, 2010, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to use [code][/code] for code display
Tallguy156

Re: Help changing launch programs for a Menu

Post by Tallguy156 »

Bumping for help still haven't figured out how to solve this problem yet.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Tallguy156

Post by Tallguy156 »

Bumping once more for help if i am in the wrong area for this as im new to the forums pls dont hesitate to tell me ill gladly move it to a new area just need help with my topic atm mainly. :D
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Please do not bump your own topic. The people that can help you all live in different time zones and may not be available, due to school, work or simply inconvenient hours, when you make your post.

To change the icons in the Enigma launcher, you should run EnigmaConfigure.exe instead of editing the .ini files directly. The easiest way to open the configuration program is to run the following skin: Enigma > Resources > Configuration.ini

Also, I recommend that you click the links in my signature to learn more about how to use Rainmeter.
ImageImageImageImage
Tallguy156

Post by Tallguy156 »

Sorry about that didn't know it was rude to bump, first time on a forum and all, My bad :Embarrassed: . But ya i checked out all those different manuals in your sginature and they have been very helpful so far in my basic understanding of rainmeter but however they haven't helped me with the problem im having in changing the programs my buttons in the menu will launch. Really just looking for some help understanding whats not working in my code and what i have to change in there to make it work.
Tallguy156

Post by Tallguy156 »

K gonna update this post cause i managed to edit the buttons and size and shape of menu bars the tips link was very helpful HOW EVER i still cant figure out how to
make the buttons Ive made launch the programs specified the code is the exact same as in first post so if anyone can help who has done this before as enigma is a very vague theme in there descriptions on how to edit launch apps. Pls tell me. :D
Btw heres a screen shot of what i have and what my problem is to help specify the help i need.\

PRAYING FOR HELP
Tallguy :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\Resources\Documents\Instructions.pdf
Tallguy156

Post by Tallguy156 »

thanks for the option but it wasn't much help. as u can see in my post above the screen shot shows that i have tripled the menu bars by doing what was suggested here creating a second and third task bar folder in order to get 2 more additional menu bars. from there i edited there code to depict the icons i chose for them to display. My problem is that i need to know what i do to the CODE to make them launch the programs or .exe files for the programs in different locations on my computer. all these links to random manuals are not helping me they don't explain anything at all to deal with how i simply make the button in the enigma menu bar load the program i want it to load when i click on it. Please there has to be someone who has done this before and knows how to simply explain step by step to me.
Praying for help
Tallguy
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Tallguy156 wrote:thanks for the option but it wasn't much help. as u can see in my post above the screen shot shows that i have tripled the menu bars by doing what was suggested here creating a second and third task bar folder in order to get 2 more additional menu bars. from there i edited there code to depict the icons i chose for them to display. My problem is that i need to know what i do to the CODE to make them launch the programs or .exe files for the programs in different locations on my computer. all these links to random manuals are not helping me they don't explain anything at all to deal with how i simply make the button in the enigma menu bar load the program i want it to load when i click on it. Please there has to be someone who has done this before and knows how to simply explain step by step to me.
Praying for help
Tallguy
Have you tried doing it like it is in the original launcher? That's how you do it.
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["Path\To\File.extension"]
Then you can have some other !Bangs there as well to make it look good.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Tallguy156

Post by Tallguy156 »

Thanks man it worked like a charm. Finally have it figured and and my menu bars are running smoothly. This is so epic. Many many thanks.