It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:08 pm

Weather skins "dead" after upgrade to 1.3

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Wim

Weather skins "dead" after upgrade to 1.3

Post by Wim »

Hello everyone,

It's my first post, so apologies if i,m breaking any posting conventions (I was uncertain wether to post this in "bugs" or "help").

This morning i upgraded to rainmeter 1.3, and all my weather skins went "dead". They suddenly stopped showing the weather info, despite the fact that the debugging log indicates that it is retrieving all the weather stringindexes.

Up to the moment of upgrading to 1.3 everything worked just fine.

I also use some rss readers that are NOT affected. They still show the headlines from the rss feeds i selected.

I'm using both my own skins (basically rewritten code from other skins - i,m not that much of a coder) en downloaded skins in which i only changed the weatherlocationcode previously (eg. VClouds). All of them worked fine untill i installed the upgrade. There were never any issues. Now suddenly none of them work. (i,ve tried a few that i downloaded in the past several months)

I,m using Win 7 (64bit / dutch) with rainmeter 1.3 (installed over 1.2)

Is anybody else having trouble (i saw no posts about it, but perhaps i overlooked).

Any advice is appreciated,
Wim
poiru
Developer

Re: Weather skins "dead" after upgrade to 1.3

Post by poiru »

Hey,

It seems like your antivirus/firewall is blocking Rainmeter. Do other skins that require internet connectivity (e.g. feeds, mail, etc.) work properly?
Wim

Post by Wim »

... all other feeds are working fine. As i wrote in the initial post my rss feeds (newspapers and stuff) are not having any trouble. I wouldn't think that it was related to my firewall (Norton Internet Security 2010) as all the other internet related functions are working just fine. It's ONLY the weather feeds that are affected.

Wim

P.S.: After posting this i checked one other skin, which uses a different xml feed for the weater ( dutch "buienradar" ) and that one is working fine. Actually only the skins that get their feed from weather.com are affected.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Wim wrote:... all other feeds are working fine. As i wrote in the initial post my rss feeds (newspapers and stuff) are not having any trouble. I wouldn't think that it was related to my firewall (Norton Internet Security 2010) as all the other internet related functions are working just fine. It's ONLY the weather feeds that are affected.

Wim

P.S.: After posting this i checked one other skin, which uses a different xml feed for the weater ( dutch "buienradar" ) and that one is working fine. Actually only the skins that get their feed from weather.com are affected.
Oh, sorry. Missed that part.

Could you try visiting http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/FIXX0002?cc=*&unit=m with your browser to check if it works?
Wim

Post by Wim »

I tried and i got the xml page with the weather for helsinki, finland. I then changed the url to my own feed ( http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/NLXX0009?cc=*&unit=m ) to get the xml feed for my hometown.

As i wrote earlier that does not seem to be the problem. The debugging log shows all the stringindexes from weather.com when i refresh the skin. I'm getting the information; it just will not show in my skin.
And again: the mysterious part is why ONLY the weather.com feed is affected. It has me baffled.

@Poiru
By the way: thanks for help so far. I really appreciate it.

8-)
Wim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did a new install of rainmeter. I originally only upgraded 1.2 to 1.3 In this case i uninstalled rainmeter completely and installed 1.3 anew. It seems to have solved the problem. I'm getting the weather displayed in my skins again.

8-)
Wim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------