It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:11 pm

I'm completly lost in rainmeter configuration

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Monsieur_Chat

I'm completly lost in rainmeter configuration

Post by Monsieur_Chat »

Hello everyone !

I downloaded and installed Rainmeter about one hour ago. The thing is, i went to, say, customize.org for example, i saw all those cool desktops and themes, so i tried to find a way to get them/create them myself with Rainmeter. But I'm totally lost ! I don't know how to create folders, put new items in the display like weather, news, shortcuts, etc. I tried to download a "theme", unzipped it on my rainmeter skins folder, but I don't see it on the rainmeter theme interface. I'm using Enigma right now, but i can't customize it at all, it's quite frustrating.
I tried to lurk for help and documentation, but even the "how to" pdf of rainmeter doesn't help me at all. Where should I start ? Is there a way to download pre-made themes and customize them ? Halp :<
oni5115

Re: I'm completly lost in rainmeter configuration

Post by oni5115 »

Right click the Rainmeter icon in the tray and select "Refresh All".

From there you can right click it again, and then follow either the Configs, or Themes sub-menus. You should see the theme you installed under one of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone loves the [url=http://db.tt/qV9oIZZ]Dropbox[/url]!
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Pretty much everything you are asking for is explained very well in Rainmeter101.
There is info on how to add skins as well as making your own. So if you take the time to read it all you will be able to do pretty much anything in rainmeter.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Monsieur_Chat

Post by Monsieur_Chat »

Thanks for the help, now I see how the whole thing works. I never thought it would work this way, but now I got it, it's very easy to use indeed =)