It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:35 am

Can Rainmeter Utorrent work with Seedbox GUI ?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
hadzikadunic

Can Rainmeter Utorrent work with Seedbox GUI ?

Post by hadzikadunic »

Hallo guys.

Is it possible to get my seedbox utorrent GUI working on Rainmeter utorrent? I had tried, but without luck.

- I have an username and a password, and of course the address of my seedbox GUI, which runs on a port 8082.

Well I had tried to type in the ''edit skin'' under URL :

Url=http://#utorrent.User#:#utorrent.Pass#@http://ks1016.seedhost.net:8082/gui/

This is not working, and I had tried to ping the address to an IP, and tried that way, but doesn't work. Does anyone knows how I can get it to work? - It could be awesome!

Lot of regards :)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Can Rainmeter Utorrent work with Seedbox GUI ?

Post by jsmorley »

Can you go to that URL in a web browser without having to log on or anything?
hadzikadunic

Post by hadzikadunic »

Well on Safari, it ask my once and then i remember the username and password, but when I use Internet Explorer it ask my to confirm every time..

But should it not work, when I in my configuration in Rainmeter, had typed these information, (Username and Password)?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

hadzikadunic wrote:Well on Safari, it ask my once and then i remember the username and password, but when I use Internet Explorer it ask my to confirm every time..

But should it not work, when I in my configuration in Rainmeter, had typed these information, (Username and Password)?
Two hurdles...

1) You have to be able to connect to the website in question with NO authentication other than putting the name and password on the URL itself. Rainmeter / WebParser will not use cookies, log you on, or respond to any request for authentication at all.

2) If you are able to get WebParser to connect to the site and get the HTML, you will probably need to parse it yourself using a different RegExp= statement (the regular expression used to get the values you want) in the WebParser measure in the skin. I suspect that it is possible that what you are connecting to is not going to return exactly the same HTML as the regular WebUI for uTorrent.
hadzikadunic

Post by hadzikadunic »

Well I'm kind of lost to solve this problem :( - It sound to be very difficult, and my programming skills is not quit good to fix it :S..

Is there a option that you can fix it for me, or any option to solve it easier? I doesn't even know how to get able to get access to the website with NO authentication.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

hadzikadunic wrote:Well I'm kind of lost to solve this problem :( - It sound to be very difficult, and my programming skills is not quit good to fix it :S..

Is there a option that you can fix it for me, or any option to solve it easier? I doesn't even know how to get able to get access to the website with NO authentication.
If there is a cookie or login or any other authentication, you are pretty much out of luck.
hadzikadunic

Post by hadzikadunic »

Well I guess there isn't a option to fix it then :(

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it even it's sad that it apparently can't be solved.. It could be really nice to get it work