It is currently September 20th, 2024, 3:50 am

Well, I have finally said sianara to Samurize

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
mclark2112

Well, I have finally said sianara to Samurize

Post by mclark2112 »

Not sure what happened to that project, but hopefully I will find rainmeter to be the answer to my problems.

I use Samurize as a simple monitor for about 2 dozen servers. I have simple graphs showing: Processor Utilization, SQL requests, Print Queues, etc. Is Rainmeter comparable to Samurize in this respect? I'm not looking for anything super in-depth, just something I can display all day to give me a quick overview of the network.... ANd I want it to look cool too :)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Well, I have finally said sianara to Samurize

Post by jsmorley »

mclark2112 wrote:Not sure what happened to that project, but hopefully I will find rainmeter to be the answer to my problems.

I use Samurize as a simple monitor for about 2 dozen servers. I have simple graphs showing: Processor Utilization, SQL requests, Print Queues, etc. Is Rainmeter comparable to Samurize in this respect? I'm not looking for anything super in-depth, just something I can display all day to give me a quick overview of the network.... ANd I want it to look cool too :)
For most if not all of this you are going to need some kind of script or app on the servers that writes these values to some kind of log file, then you can use Rainmeter with WebParser to connect to the remote servers via http:// (or file:// if you have the servers configured to share), read and parse the log file(s) and display the results in all kinds of cool ways. Other than WebParser, there is no way to have Rainmeter monitor processes or system values on a remote computer.
rickwalz

Post by rickwalz »

I was also looking for something like samurize, but better and updated. Does rainmeter not have a way to accomplish this without installing something on remote servers.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rickwalz wrote:I was also looking for something like samurize, but better and updated. Does rainmeter not have a way to accomplish this without installing something on remote servers.
No, it does not.