It is currently May 17th, 2024, 5:29 pm

Two font colors?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kotse

Two font colors?

Post by Kotse »

Hello! I've been using Rainmeter for quite some time now and have gotten used to the simple tasks such as changing fontsize, etc. Recently, I've added Enigma's "Notes" skin and I'm using it as a list of reminders.

Now, I'm wondering if it's possible to have more than two font colors? Simply, in a sense, I want to flag a few items as important by having it's color changed? For example:

Regularreminder
Importantreminder

So, my wish would be to have an additional color added dynamically to the <notes>List stuff here</notes> in the skin. I don't know if this is possible with RegExp, since I don't have any experience in using it.

Thanks in advance,
Kotse.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Two font colors?

Post by Alex2539 »

Not with the way the Notes skin currently works. You would need to completely revamp the measures that read the notes in order to detect the bits labeled as "important" and then a new meter to show them in a different colour. That also means that you couldn't just highlight something that was in the middle of a sentence. Anything that is one colour would all be in one meter, anything that is a second colour would be in a second meter.
ImageImageImageImage
Kotse

Post by Kotse »

So, there's no way of having two colors in one meter?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Kotse wrote:So, there's no way of having two colors in one meter?
There is not. However, nothing says two meters can't be positioned in such a way that they look like one.
Kotse

Post by Kotse »

jsmorley wrote: There is not. However, nothing says two meters can't be positioned in such a way that they look like one.
I was actually aware of that alternative. Thanks again!