It is currently May 21st, 2024, 3:17 am

To do list

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
YorkshireDave

To do list

Post by YorkshireDave »

Hi P.

I've been using 'notes' as a to do list but it's a pain in the backside! Nothing to do with you though as it simply wasn't designed with that in mind.

I'd like to construct a 'to do list' and add it to GNO as its made my desktop finaly usable. A big question I know, but where do I start please?

Thanks
David
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: To do list

Post by Alex2539 »

Read the following:
- Rainmeter 101, especially the skin tutorials
- The Rainmeter manual if you are using the current full release of Rainmeter (currently version 1.2) or the Beta manual if you are using the beta version of Rainmeter (currently 1.3).

To get you started, you're probably going to want to find some sort of halfway point between the notes skin and any RSS skin. WebParser will be key, as well as some other basic meters and bangs to show and hide tick marks, or whatever you choose to indicate a completed task.

Also, you should know that Rainmeter comes with a skin made to work with Remember The Milk, filed under Enigma\Sidebar\Reader\RTM-Reader. If you already use that website for your to-do lists then there is already a solution in place to read directly from it.
ImageImageImageImage
YorkshireDave

Re: To do list

Post by YorkshireDave »

Thanks Alex. I'll get stuck in now.