It is currently May 20th, 2024, 11:33 pm

Daily display

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ChaoticAgenda

Daily display

Post by ChaoticAgenda »

Hi, I work for a hotel. We were trying to set up a skin that would change once a day around midnight and display a set of training tips in order from 1-28. I've looked into using the different slideshow skins I've seen but they all seem to be set to random. Does anybody know of a slideshow that will show pictures in sequence or know another way to do a daily display that I can set to read something in a sequence like that?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Daily display

Post by jsmorley »

So you want it to start at midnight, display 28 different images evenly timed, to start over the following midnight? Is there going to be an audience for the ones running in the wee hours of the morning, or should this start at different times so it isn't always showing image 8 at 7:30am or whatever it works out to? Seems like you might have some folks on a regular schedule who see the same xx images over and over every day, and never see others?

I ask this as there is certainly a way to do this using some calculations, a time measure and an image meter with dynamic variables, but I'd like to be sure we understand the parameters...
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Hey, take a look at http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5329

You can control the time between changes with UpdateDivider.

Or you can use a Time measure to return the day as number and have images for each day.
ChaoticAgenda

Post by ChaoticAgenda »

That's perfect poiru! I should be able to get in and fix the display with this.