It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:08 pm

Gnometer Gmail

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Chitto

Gnometer Gmail

Post by Chitto »

Hi All:

I use Gnometer's Gmail skin for one of my gmail accounts. Is there a way to have another Gnometer Gmail for a 2nd gmail account?

Thanks
Chitto
poiru
Developer

Re: Gnometer Gmail

Post by poiru »

Chitto wrote:Hi All:

I use Gnometer's Gmail skin for one of my gmail accounts. Is there a way to have another Gnometer Gmail for a 2nd gmail account?

Thanks
Chitto
Create a duplicate of the Gmail folder (in Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gnometer). Then, in the newly created folder, open the ini files and replace #mail.User# and #mail.Pass# with your 2nd username and pass.
Chitto

Post by Chitto »

poiru wrote: Create a duplicate of the Gmail folder (in Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gnometer). Then, in the newly created folder, open the ini files and replace #mail.User# and #mail.Pass# with your 2nd username and pass.
Thank you Poiru. I'm able to get the 2nd Gnometer Gmail to work now. Thanks!
I'm wondering though, is my login/password safe sitting there in the ini in plain sight? When I configured the 1st Gmail account I had to do it via Rainmeter> Gnometer 1.2> Welcome> InitialConfig ini>Config Tool> Gmail/Gcal to set the values. This left the #mail.User# and #mail.Pass# intact. I'm assuming this info is stored somewhere else... hopefully encrypted.

Is it possible to add the 2nd Gmail to the Configuration Tools?

Thanks again
Chitto
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Unfortunately Rainmeter does not support encryption. The username (and password) for the 1st Gmail account are also in plaintext (they're in Gnometer\SETTINGS\Variables.inc).