It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:30 am

pls need HELP with ROTATOR !!!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
burnwell88

pls need HELP with ROTATOR !!!

Post by burnwell88 »

hii all .... i have a skin on my desk and i want it to move smooth BUT if i change the update rate from 100 to 1 i get this .... pls watch the movie and see how it stops ... afer a second i think and after that it starts again ....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0sephof1hg[/youtube]

see how he makes that STOP's :| .... fraction of second but its anoing .... anyone hoo has and ideea how to make it to work smootlly pls let me know .... and the code is ...
and i tryed to change de values on " Formula=MeasureTime1 * 10 " , " AverageSize=10 " and " Update=100 " but didn't seem to get it right .... pls HEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP :smackhead:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=1
Author=yalishy (yalishy@gmail.com)
AppVersion=10000
Update=100

[Variables]
Color2=255, 255, 255, 160

[MeasureTime1]
Measure=Time
AverageSize=10

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureTime1 * 10

[MeterUnder7]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=ROTATOR
X=350
Y=148
W=381
H=381
ImageName=1x.png
StartAngle=6.2832
RotationAngle=6.2832
ValueReminder=1500
OffsetX=191
OffsetY=191
Hidden=0
Chewtoy

Re: pls need HELP with ROTATOR !!!

Post by Chewtoy »

You got a time-measure with AverageSize in it? ._o
Take a look at what's possible with a Time-measure again: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Time_beta

What you probably want is a Counter. And counters can be found in Calc-measures.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Calc_beta

Don't know what your going for, but if you do Counter %60 it will go from 0 to 60, then start again from 0. If you want a minute, Counter %59.

But replace that and it should work fine.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
burnwell88

Post by burnwell88 »

Chewtoy wrote:You got a time-measure with AverageSize in it? ._o
Take a look at what's possible with a Time-measure again: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Time_beta

What you probably want is a Counter. And counters can be found in Calc-measures.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Calc_beta

Don't know what your going for, but if you do Counter %60 it will go from 0 to 60, then start again from 0. If you want a minute, Counter %59.

But replace that and it should work fine.

I didn't get it ... cand you pls make an example , if i'm not asking to much ? thx
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Right now you have the whole thing rigged to the time. A second will NEVER be faster than a second, no matter how much you want it to (we are ignoring the theories about relativity now as they are just annoying in day to day things).

A counter is something that counts the updates basically. For every update - it adds one. So.

[CalcMeasure]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter

This will add one on every update, and if you take a look at the measure in the about dialog you will see how it increases.
If you tack a long a remainder (%), you tell it to start over from zero after it has reached a given value.

[CalcMeasure2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter %60

This one will go from 0 to 60. So when you start the skin it will start counting. When it reaches 60, it will start over from 0. Do take note that it will start at 0, and not at 1 like you would when you're counting your fingers.

As the counter is counting update cycles, it will go faster or slower depending on what Update you've set. So it seems to be more appropriate to your needs.
All this means that you replace your [MeasureTime1] with a counter.

Get it?
burnwell88

Post by burnwell88 »

Chewtoy wrote:Right now you have the whole thing rigged to the time. A second will NEVER be faster than a second, no matter how much you want it to (we are ignoring the theories about relativity now as they are just annoying in day to day things).

A counter is something that counts the updates basically. For every update - it adds one. So.

[CalcMeasure]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter

This will add one on every update, and if you take a look at the measure in the about dialog you will see how it increases.
If you tack a long a remainder (%), you tell it to start over from zero after it has reached a given value.

[CalcMeasure2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter %60

This one will go from 0 to 60. So when you start the skin it will start counting. When it reaches 60, it will start over from 0. Do take note that it will start at 0, and not at 1 like you would when you're counting your fingers.

As the counter is counting update cycles, it will go faster or slower depending on what Update you've set. So it seems to be more appropriate to your needs.
All this means that you replace your [MeasureTime1] with a counter.

Get it?

THX MAN i understand know i must put the

[CalcMeasure2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter %60
simillar to value reminders :D of every skin like :

[MeterUnder7]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=ROTATOR
X=350
Y=148
W=381
H=381
ImageName=1x.png
StartAngle=6.2832
RotationAngle=6.2832
ValueReminder=1500
OffsetX=191
OffsetY=191
Hidden=0
if the ValueReminder=1500 then the must be Formula=Counter %1500 or 1499 ;) so every skin must have his formula counter if i'm not mistakeing...???

THX ALLOT :D:D
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

You could just have the counter without the remainder and have it the Rotator part.
The rotator will take care of it i you specify ValueRemainder in it. But you can do as you said as well. As long as the counter has the same or higher value, it will work out. But it's best if you have the same.