It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 2:20 pm

Calc Checker

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
JpsCrazy

Calc Checker

Post by JpsCrazy »

Similar in fashion to JSMorley's RainRegExp I think that a Calc Checker would be a great add on that could be used.

Whereas you can copy your calc into a box and click a button to give you the answer.
Now for using Measures/variables/etc in calcs either 1.) Similar to the RainRegExp, the program reads the .ini of the file you direct it to using those measures/variables/etc values automatically in the calc or 2.) You can set each measure/variable/etc to a value before the calc gets checked.

If the calc works, the value is returned (not necessarily dynamic, but the value as the calc checks it if option 1 works) or an error line if for some reason the calc fails.

I think this would be incredibly useful for checking long calcs with many measures/variables/etc and conditions and sorting out paranthesis and what needs to go where.
It's just a lot simpler than changing the calc slightly, saving, refreshing the skin, and then checking if it works and then repeating.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Calc Checker

Post by jsmorley »

Since you almost never do calcs without some measure value involved, or certainly a large percentage of the time, I can't see this being much value unless you built all of the capabilities of Rainmeter and all addons into the tool. Just my gut reaction.
JpsCrazy

Re: Calc Checker

Post by JpsCrazy »

Yeah, I thought of that too. The only idea around that I had was to somehow parse the .ini file and get the values that Rainmeter already got, but I have no idea if this is possible.

Or possibly exporting the values after x amount of time (so it's not the default value of 0) but I feel like there's even less of a chance of that happening.