It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:09 pm

Can't use configuration tool

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Slipper

Can't use configuration tool

Post by Slipper »

First of all, I searched the forums for this error and it didn't come up with anything.

Anyhow, I finally decided to do something with my desktop so I downloaded rainmeter and installed it without any issues and picked enigma.

When I click the configuration button I get an AutoIt Error: Unable to open the script file.

When I click anything else I get RainBrowser Error: Unable to locate Rainmeter.ini

What is going on?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Can't use configuration tool

Post by jsmorley »

Slipper wrote:First of all, I searched the forums for this error and it didn't come up with anything.

Anyhow, I finally decided to do something with my desktop so I downloaded rainmeter and installed it without any issues and picked enigma.

When I click the configuration button I get an AutoIt Error: Unable to open the script file.

When I click anything else I get RainBrowser Error: Unable to locate Rainmeter.ini

What is going on?
Something has gone sideways with your installation. Do this: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4394 and post the test here.
Slipper

Post by Slipper »

Hmm, thanks for the link, but it won't let me hit the analyze button. I have my drive partitioned in a basic C: OS and D: Data setup and I installed rainmeter on the D drive. Is that actually causing problems?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Slipper wrote:Hmm, thanks for the link, but it won't let me hit the analyze button. I have my drive partitioned in a basic C: OS and D: Data setup and I installed rainmeter on the D drive. Is that actually causing problems?
Seems to be. What is the path to Rainmeter.exe?
Slipper

Post by Slipper »

It's just D:\Programs\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe

EDIT: Yeah I just reinstalled it to C:\Program Files\Rainmeter and it works now. Thanks a lot for the quick response!

EDIT 2: Well I tried installing a skin and directed it to C:\Program Files\Rainmeter but It wouldn't show up in the skin menu. Then I noticed the readme that said you have to put skins in the rainmeter folder in Documents. I ran the installer again and tried to direct it to the Rainmeter folder in Documents but couldn't find it. I decided to reinstall rainmeter to start from scratch and now I'm having the original problem no matter how many times i reinstall or change directories
Slipper

Post by Slipper »

bump
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Slipper

Post by Slipper »

Yeah I looked at those. My Skin folder seems to be in

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents\Rainmeter

instead of C:\users\Myname\My Documents\Rainmeter

and I can't for the life of me find where the hell the rainmeter.ini (in Appdata folder) is placed.

For the record I have Windows 7 64 bit

Edit: I just realized it IS in Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter like it's supposed to be, although it is also in a strange place like my skins. The point is, why can't rainmeter find it? Should I move it?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Slipper wrote:Yeah I looked at those. My Skin folder seems to be in

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents\Rainmeter

instead of C:\users\Myname\My Documents\Rainmeter

and I can't for the life of me find where the hell the rainmeter.ini (in Appdata folder) is placed.

For the record I have Windows 7 64 bit

Edit: I just realized it IS in Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter like it's supposed to be, although it is also in a strange place like my skins. The point is, why can't rainmeter find it? Should I move it?
Ignore Libraries. They have nothing to do with Rainmeter or reality.

You should probably do this: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-CleanUninstall Ruthlessly hunt down any Rainmeter related stuff and delete it, then do a clean fresh install. Install using the .exe installer and take all defaults.
Slipper

Post by Slipper »

hah, alright. I'll try a squeaky clean install.

EDIT: Same problem. I'm starting to think I have to reinstall windows to fix this.