It is currently May 22nd, 2024, 12:24 am

Mouseover PSP/PS3 inspired skin *needs lots of help!*

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kiyyou

Mouseover PSP/PS3 inspired skin *needs lots of help!*

Post by kiyyou »

HI i'm a new user. I downloaded rainmeter a while ago and enjoy customizing the skins but i want to amke my own skin. i saw this skin and wanted to make it, since there was no public release or any information on it besides that it was in progress, almost a year ago.
I would like either help or an explanation on mouseover/mouseleave actions, a spacing guide (i tried to edit the enigma itunes config and it ended up disastrous) and that's it. I know it's advanced for a noob but i wanna just jump on it. I'm hoping you'll mouse over an icon to open up a submenu with 5 options, which can be changed like the enigma launchers.
Anyways this is my first post and i forgot i've gotta work. I'll check this later. Thanks for looking :D
Last edited by kiyyou on September 15th, 2010, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aarowaim

Re: Super Noob :]

Post by Aarowaim »

Ok, Here is an explanation of the mouseover/mouseleave actions:
http://rainmeter.net/cms/MouseActions_beta wrote:MouseOverAction
A command or a bang that will be executed when the mouse goes over the Meter.

MouseLeaveAction
A command or a bang that will be executed when the mouse leaves the Skin or Meter.
If you want to open a sub menu upon moving your cursor over an icon, you would make a MouseOverAction that would display 5 meters (meters made to be menu items). Then, if you want the menu to hide if you move your cursor off of that sub menu, you would make a MouseLeaveAction that hides these sub-menu meters.

btw, the skin is inspired by PSP's home menu. I found something like it @:
http://renren1601.deviantart.com/art/Playstation-3-desktop-156041530

just download each "ingredient" mentioned on that page and fool around with them till you think it looks right. I used Tineye.com to check for that image and/or variations of it and that's how I found the above URL.

NOTE: Perhaps the most important part, VS (Playstation Style), I can't find.
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
kiyyou

Post by kiyyou »

Alright thanks you, the mouse leave and hover actions i get but how do i make it show the 5 other meters? i downloaded a skin similar called rPSP and the mouseover action pulls another image that's the same but it has text under it, so it looks like when you hover over it's labeling it, but how would you hover over it so 5 other meters show up?
plus i fuigured out i'm pretty bad at x and y axis coordination DX
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

Well, if you need to know spacing/xy, look here.
1 is equal to 1 pixel in the cartesian coordinate system used for rainmeter. you CANNOT use .5 pixels. x is horizontal and y is vertical. if you want to put three meters equally spaced horizontally, you would put the following into each meter's X coordinates

Code: Select all

X=(Your number)r
the r in that code tells rainmeter to position the meter relative to the previous meter (e.g X=6r means that it will position the meter 6 (not -6) pixels away from the previous meter along the x axis.)

I'm testing the sub-menu idea (the part that moves the main icon).

If you want to make the sub-menu meters appear on mouse over, you would put this bang on the meter that displays that sub-menu:

MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Submenu1][!RainmeterShowMeter Submenu2][!RainmeterShowMeter Submenu3][!RainmeterShowMeter Submenu4][!RainmeterShowMeter Submenu5] 
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

kiyyou

Post by kiyyou »

Thank you1 the r was throwing me off, i was trying to edit the enigma itunes player so with each song the length of the config would expand dynamically to show all the information.

If the submenu is treated each as a seperate meter then wouldn't each be tied to the mouseover/mouseleave individually?
Is it possible for the rainmeter config to be dynamic? i know there are certain states for icons when moused over and clicked but can these icons be moved when moused over?
Sorry for all the questions.
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

The sub menu icons/links are each a seperate meter. If they are all hidden, then you can't click them. The mouse over action reveals these meters that make up the sub-menu when you mouse over the main icon. to move the main icon on mouse over, you need to make the X and Y into a variable so that you can change the position on mouseover/mouseleave.

I just found some ps3 icons and I downloaded that skin, so I hope to be starting on this soon. Just remember, I'm not making this whole thing for you. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

kiyyou

Post by kiyyou »

Then wouldn't the x and y variables be dynamic variables? i understand the idea but how would a dynamic variable and a mouseover execute command work in the same action?
i know you're not going to do it all, i'm still working on it, but i have no experience so i'm just playing around with the mouseover actions.

[home]
meter=image
imagename=#SKINSPATH#Yokai\Resources\Images\bar\home\home.png
x=50
y=5
MouseOverAction= Width 200
MouseOverAction=!RainmeterSetVariable x=0] !Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter HomeSubmenu1][!RainmeterShowMeter HomeSubmenu2][!RainmeterShowMeter HomeSubmenu3][!RainmeterShowMeter HomeSubmenu4][!RainmeterShowMeter HomeSubmenu5] 
DynamicVariables=1

[HomeSubmenu1]
meter=image
imagename=#SKINSPATH#Yokai\Resources\Images\bar\home\submenus\homesub1.png
x=30r
y=1
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [#App1#]
that's a section of what i have but it feels incorrect, especially the mouseover band. :(
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

Yes, the x and y variables would be dynamic so that the homemenu would scootch over to make room for the sub menu. I redid your code to make it easier. The following changes were made:

Made the HomeSubMenu into a group by adding Group=
I made the Group hide (so that you only need one bang to show/hide all 5 parts)
I fixed your variable X

[Variables]
HomeSubmenuX=50

[home]
meter=image
imagename=#SKINSPATH#Yokai\Resources\Images\bar\home\home.png
x=#HomemenuX#
y=5
MouseOverAction= Width 200
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowGroup HomeSubmenu][!RainmeterSetVariable HomemenuX=40]
DynamicVariables=1

[HomeSubmenu1]
meter=image
imagename=#SKINSPATH#Yokai\Resources\Images\bar\home\submenus\homesub1.png
x=30r
y=1
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [#App1#]
Group=HomeSubmenu 
Add that group=HomeSubMenu to all of the HomeSubmenu meters.
I made it so that when you mouse over the homemneu meter, the home menu meter moves 10 pixels to the left.

kiyyou

Post by kiyyou »

Alright i tried it out, at first the images were too close so i cahnged the x and y variables, finally when it looked good i found out when i mouse over the config rainmeter opens a dialog box that says unknown bang show group
I tried to add this after mouse over thinking it'd fix it but it just made the meter say unknown bang hide group.

MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideGroup HomeSubmenu][!RainmeterSetVariable HomemenuX=#HomemenuX#]
Varelse

Post by Varelse »

The bang should be !RainmeterHideMeterGroup