It is currently May 7th, 2024, 3:26 pm

Something like an IF in many coding languages?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Leonick

Something like an IF in many coding languages?

Post by Leonick »

So just wondering if there is something like the IF statements of many coding languages that could be used in a skin? Or any other way to do what I want.

What I want to do is a button/link that when pressed activates a config if it isnt activated and deactivate it if it is active...

I first made it so that the link when pressed activated the config and hid itself and showed an identical link that did the opposite, deactivating the config and show the first one again.

That works, the problem is that the config, a menu, that I am activated is made so that it deactivates itself if you leave it with you mouse for more than 5 seconds, so if you let it deactivate itself that means that the link to activate it wont actually activate it when clicked as it is showing the link that deactivates it...

Did you get that or did I lose you halfway trough? :P
Any way to do this?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Something like an IF in many coding languages?

Post by jsmorley »

Leonick wrote:So just wondering if there is something like the IF statements of many coding languages that could be used in a skin? Or any other way to do what I want.

What I want to do is a button/link that when pressed activates a config if it isnt activated and deactivate it if it is active...

I first made it so that the link when pressed activated the config and hid itself and showed an identical link that did the opposite, deactivating the config and show the first one again.

That works, the problem is that the config, a menu, that I am activated is made so that it deactivates itself if you leave it with you mouse for more than 5 seconds, so if you let it deactivate itself that means that the link to activate it wont actually activate it when clicked as it is showing the link that deactivates it...

Did you get that or did I lose you halfway trough? :P
Any way to do this?
!RainmeterToggle (Config)

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Bangs_beta
Leonick

Post by Leonick »

Great, thanks! I presume the (Beta) part means that the new 1.3 beta of rainmeter is needed for that to work?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Leonick wrote:Great, thanks! I presume the (Beta) part means that the new 1.3 beta of rainmeter is needed for that to work?
I could lie and say yes, since I want everyone to use the beta, but no. I just like the layout of the beta manual since we have made some improvements to it. That !Bang has been there forever.
Leonick

Post by Leonick »

Ah OK, yea I was beginning to suspect that when I saw even Meters where beta :P