It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:33 pm

How to make a multi-colored string at an angle.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cdm6610

How to make a multi-colored string at an angle.

Post by cdm6610 »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to achieve the following design (I put together the comp in Adobe Illustrator), but I'm having trouble getting it to show up properly. I want different parts of the string to be different colors for emphasis, as well as have the whole unified string to appear at an angle. I tried using multiple strings, but I can't get them to line up properly, particularly when the time changes. Am I on the right track trying to line up multiple strings for the other colors, or is there a better way that I'm not aware of? This is my first attempt at Rainmeter work.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to make a multi-colored string at an angle.

Post by Alex2539 »

The best way is to set up all of your meters without an angle starting at X=0 and Y=0, then apply the angle using a transformation matrix. There is a lengthy primer on the TransformationMatrix setting on this page. In the end what you want to do is rotate the text, but then also move it using the last two parameters (tx and ty in that tutorial).

I know it looks kind of daunting, but if you manage to get a transformation matrix for one part, applying that exact same transformation matrix to ALL of the meters will make them all stay lined up properly.
ImageImageImageImage
cdm6610

Re: How to make a multi-colored string at an angle.

Post by cdm6610 »

Cool, and thank you for the prompt and useful advice! I hadn't done that tutorial yet, so I'll check it out and get back to you. :)