It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 1:12 pm

Default Skin Option in Rainmeter Setup

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Sylvane

Default Skin Option in Rainmeter Setup

Post by Sylvane »

Please can an option be added to the Rainmeter setup program to have no skin set to load up after the install? I can see why there is an option to have this in the setup, but since I never use the default skins and prefer to make my own, it's a nuisance having to go and turn off every element afterwards... :?
DeviantArt Profile - http://rasylver.deviantart.com/
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Default Skin Option in Rainmeter Setup

Post by jsmorley »

Sylvane wrote:Please can an option be added to the Rainmeter setup program to have no skin set to load up after the install? I can see why there is an option to have this in the setup, but since I never use the default skins and prefer to make my own, it's a nuisance having to go and turn off every element afterwards... :?
Not an unreasonable request. In the meantime, there is a shortcut. You can load RainThemes and create a theme with any name, checking "Save as empty theme" and saving. Then just load that theme.
Sylvane

Post by Sylvane »

I'll remember that for the next time I have to install/update Rainmeter. Thanks. :)
DeviantArt Profile - http://rasylver.deviantart.com/
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Sylvane wrote:I'll remember that for the next time I have to install/update Rainmeter. Thanks. :)
Well, let's be accurate here. Installing or updating Rainmeter DOES NOT load Gnometer or Enigma unless you are installing "clean". If you already have Rainmeter installed and are running your favorite skins, doing an update doesn't change a thing.

I don't want to pick a fight with you, but to be honest this entire thing is just a bit of a bogus issue. If you completely uninstall Rainmeter and install it fresh and clean, we load one of the two "built-in" themes for you. 99.9% of folks, especially new users, want something running when they install a clean Rainmeter. If you already have things set up the way you like, we just update the files and leave your Rainmeter.ini completely alone.

There is almost never a reason, unless something has just gone hideously wrong with your system, to uninstall Rainmeter in order to install a newer one, beta or release. I have installed Rainmeter literally thousands of times, and have never had Gnometer or Enigma load unless I wanted it to or was testing a clean install.