It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:27 am

A Count Down Timer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
'old' devildog

A Count Down Timer

Post by 'old' devildog »

New to Rainmeter, but love the ability to modify my Desktop. I have been trying to make a count down timer to count from a set date and time to a future date and time. I used a count down timer with Rainlendar and the Shadow4a skin. It looks odd on the desktop with the skin I am working on. I searched the forums, but didn't find anything that would work. I also did a search on deviantArt and found only one, but it was not adaptable to what I need.

The skin I am working on has to weather locations as well as complete system info with temps on both cpu's as well as my ATI graphics card, and a USMC gold clock. All is working except the count down timer.

I have a 7 year old son that loves the ability to look at the desktop and see how long it is to a birthdays, start of school and other "important dates". I stopped using the Rainlendar, when I was able to adapt Sunbird to work on our home network (3 computers). But I have left the countdown timer from Shadow4a running just for him on my desktop.

Any chance anyone has tackled this in the past and is willing to give an old man a hand or a hint.
[b]the 'old' devildog[/b]
[b]Sgt of Marines[/b]
[b]1968-1974[/b]
D_Reckoning

Re: A Count Down Timer

Post by D_Reckoning »

Easiest answer: search around for it :)

Searching for "countdown" in (for example) Deviant Art's rainmeter category should land you with at least one or two working skings for the purpose... then all you've got to do is dissect / modify to your liking... at least that's what I did. ^^
'old' devildog

Re: A Count Down Timer

Post by 'old' devildog »

Thanks.

I found 2 that can be edited to work for me. I just have to make up my mind which one to use. This make it easier for this old half blind Marine. I guess 60 is not too old to learn new things.
[b]the 'old' devildog[/b]
[b]Sgt of Marines[/b]
[b]1968-1974[/b]