It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:57 pm

uTorrent 2.2 beta introduces webui parsing problem?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Clockw0rk

uTorrent 2.2 beta introduces webui parsing problem?

Post by Clockw0rk »

Hello, and many apologies for making my first post in the bug category. I've searched around before, and with great thanks to users on this forum, was able to customize rainmeter 1.2's gnometer skin to list 6 drives instead of 4, and also to expand the character limit of the notes field.

However, diligent searching could turn up no immediate solution to the trouble I am having today.

Foolishly, I allowed uTorrent to update itself to the latest beta version. 2.2 (20813). There are some.. curiousities about the uTorrent beta. But the prime concern I have is that it now pushes a complete list of my RSS feeds onto the webui at "http://YourIp:8080/gui/?list=1 site", which gnometer's uTorrent skin uses to parse the torrent listing.

The problem seems to be that the skin is set to parse the webui data according to this line

Code: Select all

RegExp="(?siU),"torrents":.*#GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET##GET#"
Before, this caused no problem. However, the webui in uTorrent 2.2 now outputs the following to ?list=1

Code: Select all

{"build":20813,"label": [
]
,"torrents": [
["long string of torrent data here"]
]
,"torrentc": "code of unknown relevance"
,"rssfeeds": ["All rss feeds and their contents here"]
,"rssfilters": ["All rss feed filters and their variables here"]
]
}
the way that gnometer handles this data is by listing the torrents, and then listing the RSS feed torrent URLs; clearly continuing the parsing process into the wrong category. I assume that prior to 2.2, uTorrent did not output RSS data into the webui ?list=1.

Boiling all of this information down, what I really want to know and desire help with is this:

Is there any way to alter the arguments in the gnometer uTorrent skin to stop parsing when it hits the "rssfeeds" line? This would remove the unwanted clutter I'm experiencing in my list.
poiru
Developer

Re: uTorrent 2.2 beta introduces webui parsing problem?

Post by poiru »

Unforunately there seems to be no easy way to fix this. I'll dig a little deeper later on and see what I can come up with.
Clockw0rk

Post by Clockw0rk »

Thank you kindly for replying. It's extremely reassuring to see that the gnometer skin developer is directly aware and responding to issues that come up.

I've since downgraded my uTorrent back to 2.0.3, and the problem has gone away. Checking the ?list=1 page, I can see clearly that 2.0.3 does not list the RSS feeds as the 2.2 beta does. I'm uncertain whether or not this is an adjustable setting that can be altered within the 2.2 client, or if the parser being used in the uTorrent skin will have to be adjusted to exclude the rss entries; but it's clear that some alteration from the current default configurations will have to be made once uTorrent 2.2 is final.

Good luck to those who have time to invest on correcting this problem, and thanks again for a prompt reply.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Hey, I'm happy to inform you that I've found a [good enough] solution. As a added bonus, the updated skin will display incomplete downloads only. It would be great if you could test it. Here are the instructions in case you're interested:

Make sure you have Rainmeter 1.3 beta r483. It's available for download from http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/downloads/list.

- Close Rainmeter
- Download http://poiru.kapsi.fi/uTorrent_test.zip
- Extract, and copy the files inside the uTorrent folder
- Go to Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gnometer\uTorrent and replace the contents with the files you just copied
- Start Rainmeter

Could you test both with 2.0.3 and 2.2, if you've got the time? Thanks a bunch! ;)
jdkoeppen

Post by jdkoeppen »

Hey, I realize this post is like a year old but I'm having the same problem with the uTorrent skin parsing the RSS feeds. Any way you could dig up the solution again? Purty plz?