It is currently May 7th, 2024, 8:11 am

RAINMETER ALL F'ED UP!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
striker12

RAINMETER ALL F'ED UP!

Post by striker12 »

I mistakenly updated my Rainmeter to the newest version, which turned out to be a VERY BAD IDEA. I accidentally enabled a theme to fix some things the newest version broke, and now all of my customizations are GONE! Everything is set back to the default!!

I attached a picture of how my configuration used to be - how can I get it back to that?? I saved my Skins folder before the upgrade - I'm just not sure what to do with it.

PLEASE HELP!
Last edited by striker12 on July 17th, 2010, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewtoy

Re: RAINMETER ALL F'ED UP!

Post by Chewtoy »

If you back-up everything before the upgrade - just exit rainmeter, reapply your old skins folder - voilà!
Take note though, if you use gnometer or enigma - updates have been made to those skins.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
striker12

Post by striker12 »

OK, I exited Rainmeter, copied my old Skins folder back (Documents\Skins), and started it back up.

Same thing! I'm still getting the default Enigma theme! Any other ideas??
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Are you talking about which skins are enabled or the skins themselves (the code in the skins)?
First of all, if you use Enigma you can use the EnigmaConfigure to reset your values to the ones you had (ruun it once and it should default to the right ones).
Second, the update should not edit your settings.ini (where which skins are defined to be used) in any way for the skins to change.

What exactly is your problem?
And for the record, you should probably always use the newest rainmeter. Just save your themes and it should be good. And remember to run the configure-tool if you use the standard suits.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
striker12

Post by striker12 »

Here's my problem:

1. Before the upgrade, the upper corner of my desktop used to look like the first picture I attached
2. I upgraded Rainmeter to get a new weather skin to work
3. After the upgrade, the upper corner of my desktop looks like the picture attached now

My skins used to be a mix of Enigma & HUD.Vision (I think), and they were all positioned a certain way and configured so I could see what I wanted. In between 2 & 3 (above), I think I accidentally enabled a "theme," which bulldozed through my intricate configuration and slapped me with the default Enigma sidebars. It was at this point that I almost punched my monitor.

I need to get back to my configuration from step 1, and I'm clueless on how to get my old stuff back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

ImageImageImageImage
striker12

Post by striker12 »

So wait, just because I didn't back up "rainmeter.ini," does that mean I lost all my configurations?
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

striker12 wrote:So wait, just because I didn't back up "rainmeter.ini," does that mean I lost all my configurations?
yes, or no if use rainthemes to save them
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this