It is currently May 4th, 2024, 1:18 pm

New Wifi Status Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
nvme
Developer

Re: New Wifi Status Plugin

Post by nvme »

thanks for the continued debugging, I will take a look at the memory leak ( dont know how its possible because I am not using any dynamic allocations).
@jsmorley, once i fix the leak I'll send you a pm with all the source files
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

nvme wrote:thanks for the continued debugging, I will take a look at the memory leak ( dont know how its possible because I am not using any dynamic allocations).
@jsmorley, once i fix the leak I'll send you a pm with all the source files
Cool... "Memory leak" may be an oversimplification, it's just consistent with the symptoms we saw last night. We had the user run two instances of Rainmeter, once running the WiFi plugin and another identical setup without the WiFi skin, and the one with the plugin immediately started adding memory at about 100k per minute while the other one stayed at a pretty rock solid 6.5 meg or so.
KiRe

Post by KiRe »

KiRe wrote: It is now 00:12 and they are at: 7428K vs 3656K

slight update: 00:17, 8044k vs 3656k
*grumble* I just rolled out of bed.... -__-

:P

So at some point in the night, my laptop entered sleep mode, but the two instances of rainmeter are currently as follows: (at 09:55) 46,296k and 4,300K. So comparing the two since 23:55 last night, +41308K and +668K... difference of just over 40mb AND the instance without the wireless has been running slightly longer.

=/

I will continue to let both instances run through the day and post RAM usage later in the day.

Pre-lunch edit: 60,268K and 4,592K @11:42
^ rainmeter noob.
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

k, just got home, ill try and look at this now.
@jsmorley, i am pretty sure it is a memory leak, if you set the skin to an update of 1ms, you can see the memory usage increase steadily. I am going to check my update functions and see if i missed anything.
KiRe

Post by KiRe »

Just got home and like this moring, it went to sleep at some point but the current ram usages are:

102,020K and 4765K (17:21)

Im going to stop keeping track now, but if you need me to continue, just ask :)
^ rainmeter noob.
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

haha you can stop keeping track of it! I already found and fixed the bug, thanks again for all the testing. It was a stupid mistake caused by some unwanted code, which was left over from some changes I had made. It was causing updates to skip over the release of memory for certain dynamic winlanapi local variables. Anyway, I have posted a new build in the first post, and jsmorley Ill send you the source in a minute.

EDIT: Hmm for some reason I can't attach any files to a PM, keeps saying extension XYZ not allowed. Anyway, I have posted the source in the first post too.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

nvme wrote:haha you can stop keeping track of it! I already found and fixed the bug, thanks again for all the testing. It was a stupid mistake caused by some unwanted code, which was left over from some changes I had made. It was causing updates to skip over the release of memory for certain dynamic winlanapi local variables. Anyway, I have posted a new build in the first post, and jsmorley Ill send you the source in a minute.

EDIT: Hmm for some reason I can't attach any files to a PM, keeps saying extension XYZ not allowed. Anyway, I have posted the source in the first post too.
Excellent.. I will get it to Rainy...
KiRe

Post by KiRe »

I will download and start using it. Thanks :)
^ rainmeter noob.
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

Hi, all

Now, iTunesPlugin and WifiStatusPlugin were added to the plugins folder. But these do not have any explanations. So I'd like to request that a developer submits a part of help file.

You can refer to the format of HTML below.
example: http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en&sa=N&cd=5&ct=rc#4GgW59hxKEo/trunk/Help/Plugin-RecycleManager.htm&q=RecycleManager%20package:http://rainmeter\.googlecode\.com

Between <!-- CLIP --> and <!-- CLIP --> is contents area. And it is better to add an example.
If you upload HTML file to somewhere, I'll pick up and add to trunk.

In the future, please attach help file to the source oneself as much as possible.
Thanks

kenz0.sanada
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

kenz0 wrote:Hi, all
Now, iTunesPlugin and WifiStatusPlugin were added to the plugins folder. But these do not have any explanations. So I'd like to request that a developer submits a part of help file.
Created and posted help file here: http://pastebin.org/5680 . Let me know if you need anything else for the trunk.