It is currently July 27th, 2024, 12:35 am

Help A Newbie Out!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Below_Average

Help A Newbie Out!

Post by Below_Average »

Hello. I'm trying to get a skin to work (specifically Hud.Vision v2.2) but the guy who made the instructions clearly did not speak English as a first language lol....I'm completely lost as to how to install this skin. It came in a .exe so i assumed it'd be simple. I'm sure it is but I'm totally lost.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help A Newbie Out!

Post by Alex2539 »

The creator of HUD.Vision, for some reason, absolutely refuses to update his version of Rainmeter. He also refuses to acknowledge that the current version of Rainmeter is the "real version" (or something crazy like that). Because of this, the installer HUD.Vision puts all of the files in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Skins instead of the actual skins folder. If you copy them from there to your skins folder (which should be in My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins) and then right-click the tray icon and choose "Refresh all", the skins should appear.

I should warn you that some of the skins are going to have issues. Again, this is because the creator of HUD.Vision is a little off his rocker and refuses to update. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage