It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:26 pm

Sticky Notes - Windows 7

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
the-onciest

Sticky Notes - Windows 7

Post by the-onciest »

I was just wondering if there was an application that kind of mimics the Windows 7 Sticky Note program? You know, how you can edit a note pad in rain meter. But I was wondering if there was a way to directly click and alter text that you have edited on your desktop? I mean, I think if we can do this I might just get rid of the sticky notes I have all together. It's really a pain when someone accidentally hits close on one of them. So maybe this is my solution to an alternative. I would even go as far as suggesting that they would have Scroll Bars on the side of them as well. Something like this must be possible, is there any help? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Sticky Notes - Windows 7

Post by jsmorley »

the-onciest wrote:I was just wondering if there was an application that kind of mimics the Windows 7 Sticky Note program? You know, how you can edit a note pad in rain meter. But I was wondering if there was a way to directly click and alter text that you have edited on your desktop? I mean, I think if we can do this I might just get rid of the sticky notes I have all together. It's really a pain when someone accidentally hits close on one of them. So maybe this is my solution to an alternative. I would even go as far as suggesting that they would have Scroll Bars on the side of them as well. Something like this must be possible, is there any help? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Not in Rainmeter directly. There is no ability to interact with Rainmeter other than through mouse clicks. It's not an application that has windows controls like input boxes or text controls. Some kind of addon would have to be written to support this, and even then it would be a bit of a kluge.