It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:34 pm

Launchy on Rainmeter Action

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Lespaul

Launchy on Rainmeter Action

Post by Lespaul »

Hey, I've got a relatively simple gnometer skin going, just a simple bar at the top with the few meters I feel I really need. The one thing I'm missing is being able to call up that information to the topmost position by keyboard shortcut, like you can with launchy.

Is there anyway to assign a shortcut like Launcy's standard ALT+SPACE that would call up your rainmeter skin? And would that interfere with calling on the launchy program? I imagine it'd be useful for just about any configuration of rainmeter that doesn't take up too much monitor space.

I've done a few searches of the forums and got squat, so, my question is, has this been developed yet?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Launchy on Rainmeter Action

Post by jsmorley »

Lespaul wrote:Hey, I've got a relatively simple gnometer skin going, just a simple bar at the top with the few meters I feel I really need. The one thing I'm missing is being able to call up that information to the topmost position by keyboard shortcut, like you can with launchy.

Is there anyway to assign a shortcut like Launcy's standard ALT+SPACE that would call up your rainmeter skin? And would that interfere with calling on the launchy program? I imagine it'd be useful for just about any configuration of rainmeter that doesn't take up too much monitor space.

I've done a few searches of the forums and got squat, so, my question is, has this been developed yet?
No. You would have to do your own hotkeys in AHK or something, and have it send !RainmeterActivateConfig / !RainmeterDeactivateConfig bangs to Rainmeter.exe. Not sure there would be a good graceful way to make this work. Rainmeter is just not hotkey driven by its nature.