It is currently September 8th, 2024, 12:01 am

Weather WebParser Problem

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RogerDodger

Weather WebParser Problem

Post by RogerDodger »

I have a weather skin I've been using for a long time. In it are 2 include files that access weather APIs. One gets current and forecast data and the other gets historical data. Everything has been working fine up until a few days ago when the historical data stopped receiving even though the skin was not changed in any way. The main Measure looks like thus:

Code: Select all

[@HistorySuperParent]
Measure=WebParser
URL=https://weather.visualcrossing.com/VisualCrossingWebServices/rest/services/timeline/(MY LATITUDE),(MY LONGITUDE)/last12days?unitGroup=us&key=(MY KEY INSERTED HERE)&include=obs,days
UpdateRate=3600
Flags=Resync | NoCookies
UserAgent=#UserAgent#
LogSubstringErrors=0
RegExp=(?siU)^(.*)$
StringIndex=1
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup Parents]
Debug=2
Debug2File=#@#VisualCrossingHistorySite.txt
The debug file does not get written and when I check the website it shows that no queries have been submitted. If I paste the URL in a web browser it displays the data just fine. If I use the other weather URL the debug file gets updated like its supposed to.

I'm at a loss so any suggestions on what might be happening or what else I can try to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by balala on July 15th, 2024, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting codes. It's the </> button.
RogerDodger

Re: Weather WebParser Problem

Post by RogerDodger »

So now it is mysteriously working again. Any thoughts on what may have been going on would still be appreciated in case this happens again.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RogerDodger wrote: July 14th, 2024, 1:35 pm So now it is mysteriously working again. Any thoughts on what may have been going on would still be appreciated in case this happens again.
Given your description and the fact that it apparently recovered afterwards without you doing anything in particular, I'd say it was either a (hopefully) temporary problem with the site not reacting as expected to your user agent and such, or WebParser got temporarily stuck... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RogerDodger

Post by RogerDodger »

Thanks. It's really strange. I'm scratching my head too, plus throwing in a shoulder shrug.