It is currently September 8th, 2024, 4:43 am

What am I missing?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Welsh

What am I missing?

Post by Welsh »

Evening all,

First, I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct section, if it is the wrong section could you kindly direct me to the correct section, please. Now back to the topic, I have been modifying this skin for the last few weeks trying to make it ideally perfect for my job. However, there is something that I am missing or done something that made the skin look tacky/untidy which I can't put my finger on what it could be. It could be the inner OCD in me or me being fussy. So, my question is what you would change to make the skin look cleaner but also keeping the functionality there. It could be anything from the wallpaper, re-aligning the skin, changing the colours etc. Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: What am I missing?

Post by balala »

Welsh wrote: July 1st, 2024, 9:00 pm First, I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct section, if it is the wrong section could you kindly direct me to the correct section, please.
Done.
Welsh wrote: July 1st, 2024, 9:00 pm However, there is something that I am missing or done something that made the skin look tacky/untidy which I can't put my finger on what it could be. It could be the inner OCD in me or me being fussy. So, my question is what you would change to make the skin look cleaner but also keeping the functionality there. It could be anything from the wallpaper, re-aligning the skin, changing the colours etc. Any advice would be great.
Not sure anyone can give you good advices related to this. How a skin is looking is completely up to the author, or the user altering it. What might looking perfectly for one, might look awefull for another user. So not sure you'll get a good advice.

Just additionally, we don't know which skin are you working with. No one (or at least most of us) can't identify a skin (or a suite, because this look much more as being a suite, not a single skin), based on a single screenshot. So, what is the skin you're working with? Along with its name, a link would be nice, where we can download it, to give it a try.
Welsh

Post by Welsh »

balala wrote: July 1st, 2024, 9:17 pm Done.
This a very good vaild point. What my objective is to just tidying it up but I can't figure out what it could be making it look untidy (which is no help to anybody :rolmfao: )

The skin is called WP7 Omnimo UI by Xvrfo and FediaFedia with small adjustments such has adding pollen count to the weather, Week Number to the calendar, a control that control hiding/showing the RainMeter skin and showing/hiding Desktop Icons.

A link to the non-modified version

https://www.deviantart.com/fediafedia/art/WIP-WP7-for-rainmeter-157672068
Last edited by balala on July 2nd, 2024, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reply written between the <quote> and </quote> tags
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Personally, I would make those launchers icons smaller, about half size, and maybe add a little transparency to the grey background colour through out the suite.
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Welsh wrote: July 1st, 2024, 9:33 pm This a very good vaild point. What my objective is to just tidying it up but I can't figure out what it could be making it look untidy (which is no help to anybody :rolmfao: )
As you can see on sl23's above reply, more users might have different views on how and what should be done. As said, I don't have recommendations on how to alter the skin. This is up to your preferences. In any case, if you decide on something, but don't really know how to do it, you can come back with a related question. But you are the one who have to decide what to do.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

balala wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 3:28 pm As you can see on sl23's above reply, more users might have different views on how and what should be done. As said, I don't have recommendations on how to alter the skin. This is up to your preferences. In any case, if you decide on something, but don't really know how to do it, you can come back with a related question. But you are the one who have to decide what to do.
:thumbup:
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265