It is currently October 24th, 2024, 1:27 am

Flashing on and off screen.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JacobF124

Flashing on and off screen.

Post by JacobF124 »

Hiya everyone, if anyone uses these forums anymore.
With Jaxcore, any skin that requires Image Magik when applied/equipped results in the skin flashing on and off screen and program windows having a seizure.
I have to Ctrl, alt, del then use task manager to kill rain meter because it becomes impossible to navigate anything within windows.

Is this a known issue within the program (jaxcore and rainmeter) or is something wrong on my end?
All other skins that don't require image magik work amazingly though.
Thanks peoples (:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Flashing on and off screen.

Post by eclectic-tech »

JacobF124 wrote: June 11th, 2024, 6:58 am Hiya everyone, if anyone uses these forums anymore.
With Jaxcore, any skin that requires Image Magik when applied/equipped results in the skin flashing on and off screen and program windows having a seizure.
I have to Ctrl, alt, del then use task manager to kill rain meter because it becomes impossible to navigate anything within windows.

Is this a known issue within the program (jaxcore and rainmeter) or is something wrong on my end?
All other skins that don't require image magik work amazingly though.
Thanks peoples (:
The creator of JaxCore stopped maintaining this in March...
Jax wrote: — 03/31/2024 5:50 AM
Hi @everyone

JaxCore had ceased development near the end of 2022, and the server was no longer maintained ever since. As of today, this server is now in the state of a "public archive". You can view past updates as well as issues, but can no longer send any messages anywhere. If you are looking for support, please refer to the Discord site "issue and bugs" and search for an answer there. Lots of love to everyone, including you, for being part of my journey developing JaxCore.

And there have been updates to ImageMagick that have caused Rainmeter plugins to stop working; the MagicMeter plugin no longer works with the latest ImageMagick.

My suggestion would be to find other skins or try downloading and older version of ImageMagick; here is a forum post that may help find an older working version of ImageMagick: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=222488&hilit=imagemagick#p222488
JacobF124

Re: Flashing on and off screen.

Post by JacobF124 »

That makes sense, I should have realized this might have been a possibility.
Thanks man.