It is currently September 7th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Changing Microsoft Store app icons?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
crabapples

Changing Microsoft Store app icons?

Post by crabapples »

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'd like some advice on whether it is possible for any rainmeter or associated tools such as Start11, startallback, etc to change the icons of apps from the microsoft store.

Everywhere I've looked, the advice has been that you cannot change them. I know many rainmeter skins get around the taskbar by simply creating a new one above it and hiding the existing one, but I would prefer not to do that because you cannot hide the taskbar completely and it keeps popping up whenever you scroll to the bottom.

Does anyone know of anything that can alter the icons of microsoft store apps?

Thanks in advance.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Changing Microsoft Store app icons?

Post by Yincognito »

crabapples wrote: May 31st, 2024, 2:28 am rainmeter or associated tools such as Start11, startallback, etc
I know you probably didn't mean that, but just so there's no confusion on this, Rainmeter is not "associated" with any of those other tools, they're software independent of each other and they're approaching things very differently. At most, they might be "related" when it comes to customizing the visuals of the Windows desktop, but that's about it. Rainmeter doesn't try to replace / patch / alter any Windows control or something like that - more details here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=15957#p89343
crabapples wrote: May 31st, 2024, 2:28 am Does anyone know of anything that can alter the icons of microsoft store apps?
If it's about the icons on the desktop or taskbar, can't you just create some shortcuts to those apps (with the necessary parameters, if that's the case) and assign custom icons to the shortcuts instead? Obviously, you'd pin or whatever the shortcuts you created, and unpin the original ones...

P.S. Moved the topic to a more suited section, as already alluded to.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth