It is currently September 1st, 2024, 1:31 am

Remoting

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Remoting

Post by SilverAzide »

JonPeyton wrote: May 15th, 2024, 11:16 pm I'm really enjoying the new way to cull data from HWINFO64! Unfortunately I'm having a problem remoting that data to display on another pc.
I game on a 49" ultra wide so instead of a bunch of RTSS stuff on the screen Id really like to just use my whole laptop screen to show me the information. I do own the licensed copy of HWINFO64 and I've read where <HWiNFOHostId=<your remote host id> must be placed in each measure but that's about all..I usually count on the Coyote to give a few examples in the docs and I just copy/paste (I'm no dev).Any advice on this will be appreciated !

JP
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "the new way to cull data from HWINFO64". Are you referring to the FREE version of HWiNFO that allows using the registry? The PAID version allows you to use the OLD HWiNFO plug-in without needing to restart every 12-hours, though obviously it supports the registry method too.

That said, to use the HWiNFO plugin, then all you need to do is exactly what you wrote: add the line HWiNFOHostId=<your remote host id> to each of the HWiNFO plugin measures in your skin. The host ID is shown on Shared Memory Viewer screen on the client machine, IIRC. The plugin docs are pretty clear on this, I think.

If you are using the new registry method to get HWiNFO data, then I've got bad news. This method does not appear to support remote hosts, although you'd need to try it out and tell us, since no one has ever reported using HWiNFO in this way. We'd like to know if this works too!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...