It is currently July 27th, 2024, 7:08 am

I remade someone else's skin, but it doesn't update itself

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kotofanchik

I remade someone else's skin, but it doesn't update itself

Post by Kotofanchik »

I remade someone else's skin for another data provider. And it does not update the weather in hourly forecast mode. I made a mistake somewhere, but I can’t find where. I still don’t understand everything how it worked in the original skin. And he himself added a color change to the temperature, which required a time delay, which can also interfere. But at the same time, in the weather, everything works every day and updates itself.
Only Russian language
For the hourly skin, the update time is in the MeasuresHour12.inc file. at first. Now it’s 60 seconds for the hourly forecast. When working, I tested it on a local file, but the problem with it is that it is a snapshot and the update time in it remains unchanged. The site can be banned if you update it often. I check what has been updated manually by changing the data in the local file
There is an error in the logfile !UpdateMeasure: [#FirstStep#] not found (RadianceWeatherYandex — копия\Weather\12Hours.ini)
But I can’t figure out what it is and Google didn’t help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kotofanchik

Re: I remade someone else's skin, but it doesn't update itself

Post by Kotofanchik »

I understand. The information is updated, but the values ​​on the screen are not updated. The problem goes away if you set DynamicVariables=1 meters.
But the error in the log did not disappear.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: May 15th, 2024, 2:52 pmThere is an error in the logfile !UpdateMeasure: [#FirstStep#] not found (RadianceWeatherYandex — копия\Weather\12Hours.ini)
Kotofanchik wrote: May 15th, 2024, 6:13 pm But the error in the log did not disappear.
Can't test, but this might be because the FirstStep variable is not defined anywhere in 12Hours.ini or its includes, as far as my search for text in a folder's files revealed. By comparison, the said variable is defined as FirstStep=WEATHER.COMSuperParent in 12Days.ini, so maybe adding that to the [Variables] section from 12Hours.ini solves the issue... :???:

If there are other problems with the skin, xenium or eclectic-tech might be more familiar with the skin and its particularities, since part of the code is theirs.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

Yincognito wrote: May 15th, 2024, 7:50 pm Can't test, but this might be because the FirstStep variable is not defined anywhere in 12Hours.ini or its includes, as far as my search for text in a folder's files revealed. By comparison, the said variable is defined as FirstStep=WEATHER.COMSuperParent in 12Days.ini, so maybe adding that to the [Variables] section from 12Hours.ini solves the issue... :???:

If there are other problems with the skin, xenium or eclectic-tech might be more familiar with the skin and its particularities, since part of the code is theirs.
Yes, I added it, but the error remained in the log. Although after adding DynamicVariables=1 to the main temperature meters and the main icon, they began to update
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: May 15th, 2024, 7:54 pm Yes, I added it
No, you didn't, according to the files in the archive you posted.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

Yincognito wrote: May 15th, 2024, 7:58 pm No, you didn't, according to the files in the archive you posted.
Yes, strange, I remember exactly what I aimed in
[Variables]
FirstStep=WEATHER.COMSuperParent
Now I got it, the error disappeared in the log. And at the same time I updated and got banned on the site, but it seems to be temporary there :)
Last edited by Kotofanchik on May 15th, 2024, 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: May 15th, 2024, 9:01 pm Yes, strange, I remember exactly what I aimed in
[Variables]
FirstStep=WEATHER.COMSuperParent
Now I got it, the error disappeared in the log. And at the same time I updated and got banned on the site, but it seems to be temporary there :)
Well, you should have left it "broken", your site doesn't seem to like correctly functioning skins so it bans them. :rofl:
Just joking, hopefully it'll come back to its senses and not leave you without an umbrella in the rain or something. :sly:
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

The site has unbanned the skin again. I checked, everything works externally, there are no errors in the log. There are clearly still problems in the body of the skin, for example there is a Lua script. Which, apparently, is inactive for me, but it didn’t work in the original skin either (perhaps not all information was received through a proxy) or because of the Russian language something didn’t work (there were some bugs right where the script was supposed to do something ), so I don’t understand his role. In the previous post I posted what appears to be an almost normal skin. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: May 15th, 2024, 9:50 pm The site has unbanned the skin again. I checked, everything works externally, there are no errors in the log. There are clearly still problems in the body of the skin, for example there is a Lua script. Which, apparently, is inactive for me, but it didn’t work in the original skin either (perhaps not all information was received through a proxy) or because of the Russian language something didn’t work (there were some bugs right where the script was supposed to do something ), so I don’t understand his role. In the previous post I posted what appears to be an almost normal skin. :)
Yeah, I don't know of those problems since I didn't test it and I'm not one of the authors, but the Lua script simply makes the first letter of the string passed to the function upper case (e.g. from "kotofanchik" to "Kotofanchik"), that's all. I have no idea where that function is used in the Rainmeter code, but obviously it's not critical.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

Yincognito wrote: May 16th, 2024, 3:31 am Yeah, I don't know of those problems since I didn't test it and I'm not one of the authors, but the Lua script simply makes the first letter of the string passed to the function upper case (e.g. from "kotofanchik" to "Kotofanchik"), that's all. I have no idea where that function is used in the Rainmeter code, but obviously it's not critical.
Understood. But apparently he is not at ease with the Cyrillic text. It turned out to be gobbledegook. Characters from the wrong code page were being output. but it seems that he is not needed now. Thanks for the tips.