It is currently July 27th, 2024, 2:16 pm

Font is not loading when I log out of user session

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
All_Mouthy

Font is not loading when I log out of user session

Post by All_Mouthy »

There is a custom font set for a skin I am using and whenever i log out of user or shutdown in general, the custom font stops loading like at all. In its place, a default font is loaded. I have put the otf file in resource folder for the skins and even installed it on my laptop. The only way the font displays is if i install the font again despite already being installed. And after I log out, it reverts back to default. The only thing i modified about my skin is that i changed the font for day on clock and font for text ( Now You Are Listening) on music player to electroharmonix. the rest I changed to sans. I used the real font name.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o32mc6O8CBmNxqAkzENhzFZ9kbEpNmda/view
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Font is not loading when I log out of user session

Post by balala »

All_Mouthy wrote: May 15th, 2024, 4:26 am I have put the otf file in resource folder for the skins and even installed it on my laptop.
Don't put the .otf files directly into the @Resources folder. Instead create a Fonts folder into @Resources, and copy the .otf files into this folder, without installing them (for instance the place of the electroharmonix.otf file, in case of the Clock config has to be: Skins\Clock\@Resources\Fonts\electroharmonix.otf). Some details here.
All_Mouthy

Post by All_Mouthy »

balala wrote: May 15th, 2024, 11:31 am Don't put the .otf files directly into the @Resources folder. Instead create a Fonts folder into @Resources, and copy the .otf files into this folder, without installing them (for instance the place of the electroharmonix.otf file, in case of the Clock config has to be: Skins\Clock\@Resources\Fonts\electroharmonix.otf). Some details here.
Didn't work. Still have to manually reinstall every single time and refresh it to make it display properly
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

All_Mouthy wrote: June 1st, 2024, 3:08 am Didn't work. Still have to manually reinstall every single time and refresh it to make it display properly
i see that you had a @Resources inside of every folder, but that's wrong.
@Resources folder should be into main skin folder.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/resources-folder/#Fonts

Code: Select all

; GOOD
Rainmeter\Skins\MySkinFolder\@Resources\Fonts\

Code: Select all

; WRONG
Rainmeter\Skins\MySkinFolder\Player\@Resources\
Rainmeter\Skins\MySkinFolder\Other\@Resources\
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

All_Mouthy wrote: June 1st, 2024, 3:08 am Didn't work. Still have to manually reinstall every single time and refresh it to make it display properly
Even if I missed this at the time (my bad, because I should have been realize this!!!), KazukiGames82 is completely right above: The @Resoruces folder has to be in the root config. This means that if your config is Genshin, The @Resources folder should have been located into this folder and Fonts directly into the above @Resources. If on the other hand the root config is Theme_Folder, this should store the @Resources folder, which in turn should store the Fonts folder.
Assuming the config is Genshin, I create a package (a .zip, not a .rmskin) to let you know the correct structure of a config. See the attached package, please. The @Resources folder of this package contains the Fonts folder, which includes the five fonts which have been used into the two @Resources folder of your package.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All_Mouthy

Post by All_Mouthy »

Thank you all, like it was that easy.It worked and now i don't think I will have the same issue again. Godbless :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

All_Mouthy wrote: June 20th, 2024, 4:27 am It worked and now i don't think I will have the same issue again.
Hopefully you won't have it. Glad you got it working finally. If this or any other issue arises, feel free to come back.