It is currently September 1st, 2024, 12:30 am

Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help

Post by balala »

Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 7:25 pm Tell me how I can upload a zip or a winrar with the folder of the project
Create the package, click Attachments tab, below the field in which you're writing your reply. Click the Add files button, browse for the created package and add it. Write a reply, if you want and click Submit.
Screenshot 2024-05-13 223330.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

That's exactly what I want, when it's playing I want it to stay open even if the cursor hovers over it and doesn't when I move cursor away, that does not react to the cursor but only when it's playing the music, and when the music stops the gate automatically closes and does react to the cursor again :D
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

This is part of the project, the part I want to improve

https://youtu.be/aRek0ipGsCo

This is a video showing how should work...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 8:41 pm That's exactly what I want,
Try replacing the Formula option of the [MeasureAnimGate] measure by the following one: Formula=( Clamp (( MeasureAnimGate + #Step# + ( 10 * Clamp ( StateButton, 0, 1 ))), 0, 9 )).

Two additional things:
  • As said, NowPlaying is not anymore a plugin. Replace the Measure=Plugin and Plugin=NowPlaying.dll options on the [mPlayer] and [StateButton] measures by Measure=NowPlaying.
  • Remove the deprecated !Execute bang from the IfAboveAction and IfBelowAction options of the [StateButton] measure.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

First of all I must say, Oh my Goooooooshhhhh..... :jawdrop
You are the fuc%@ng BEST dude, how do you know this much about Rainmeter, you're definitely the fuc%@ng Six Paths Sage :o
I'm so happy, grateful and euphoric right now, that I don't fit in myself, finally the gate is doing what I want to, and is just beautiful, I can't find the words to express my gratitude I really appreciate what you've done, this world definitely needs more people like you, thank you for all your patience.

I removed the "deprecated !Execute bang" from the code and all went great, but when I replace the "Measure=Plugin" and "Plugin=NowPlaying.dll" measures by "Measure=NowPlaying", the skin stops working. I think it's because I'm still using Rainmeter version 3.3 :D so don't worry about that, rather many thanks for everything.

Now I have 2 more question about Rainmeter that definitely you must know 'cause your are THE BEST ONE, if don't mind:

01- Is there any way to have WMP visualizations on a Rainmeter skin? You know the ones that appear on the player when the music plays.

02- Is there any way to make a part of the skin go faster than its base speed? For example:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
I have this base speed on my code but I want some parts of the skin don't respect this speed, but they go faster. I mean the opposite of what the "Updatedivider" parameter does.

Another thing, if you like the player I made and you´d like to have it, let me know and I give it to you :great: Thank you very much dude.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Japmc7 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:01 am01- Is there any way to have WMP visualizations on a Rainmeter skin? You know the ones that appear on the player when the music plays.

02- Is there any way to make a part of the skin go faster than its base speed?
I'll let balala answer these in more detail if and when needed, but since I'm here:
01 - Nope, but you can make your own if you're decent with math, or look for visualizer skins here or at DeviantArt (personally, I prefer Winamp ones)
02 - Yep, the ActionTimer plugin. You can take a look at the docs to get the idea, try the examples at the bottom of that page or even the 1st one here.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

Thanks for joining the party Yincognito, and I tell you noup, I'm really bad at math :D I dropped out of programming years ago because I couldn't with so many codes, my thing is the design, the animations in After Effects, Dragon Bones and other programs, I think programming is beautiful for all the magic behind but I'm not good at it, I'm very visual, the little I've done in Rainmeter has been because I copy from other projects and I go modifying and seeing in real time what the changes do in Rainmeter, on the other hand yes, I have used Winamp and Xion, but I want the designs I make to be more inclined not to install additional programs, I already using Wallpaper Engine and Rainmeter, I don't want to install anything else :( for that reason it's a shame that WMP visualizations cannot be used, I had a very good idea in mind for another project.

Still thanks for the tip, I'll try to see how it goes, it's very kind of you Yincognito, I already ashamed with Balala, I'll drive him crazy with so many questions, I know a lot can be accomplished with Rainmeter, but I don't have the skills to do it alone, thank God people like you exist :bow:

I've been using Rainmeter for years, I started projects that I couldn't finish for lack of knowledge :yawn:
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

Sorry guys, it's me again... Hey Yincognito unfortunately I totally failed understanding the "ActionTimer plugin", I didn't know how it works, the same happened to me when I tried to make the title of the songs scroll to the left, as well as some players like Xion do, so I gave up and decided to leave it flat. I was thinking of something simpler like the "UpdateDividir" that you just dd an number and done, this one I don't understand it.

But I really appreciate you taking the time to answer and gave me the tip, when I can I'll take the time to study it and see if I can understand it, I'm happy with what we're accomplished so far, thank you guys very much :thumbup: :great: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Japmc7 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 3:29 am Thanks for joining the party Yincognito, and I tell you noup, I'm really bad at math :D
Well, I didn't say you had to be good, just decent. Most visualizations, probably the WMP ones too, are based on all kinds of math operations on the coordinates of the visuals (shapes, images, etc.) they display, then show them every couple of milliseconds at the different stage of the said operations in order to produce the "animations".
Japmc7 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 5:25 am Sorry guys, it's me again... Hey Yincognito unfortunately I totally failed understanding the "ActionTimer plugin", I didn't know how it works
Like described above, every animation is basically a loop of showing something on the screen in a certain position, wait a few milliseconds, then show it again in a slightly different position - that's all there is to it, and it's what ActionTimer (or, more specifically, the ActionListN option) does. In your case, I think it would help if you were describing briefly what you wanted to do practically. It's possible that for what you need, you don't even have to use ActionTimer, just go the other way and set Update to the lowest value you use, and add corresponding UpdateDividers to stuff that you want to update less frequently. For example, if you need some parts of your code to update at a 1000 ms frequency and some at a 250 ms, just set the general Update to 250 and add UpdateDivider=4 for the parts you want to update every 1000 ms (since 250 * 4 = 1000). If you have many of them, you could even set DefaultUpdateDivider=4 in the [Rainmeter] section, if you take care to use UpdateDivider=1 for the fewer parts that you need to keep at 250 ms.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Japmc7 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:01 am First of all I must say, Oh my Goooooooshhhhh..... :jawdrop
You are the fuc%@ng BEST dude, how do you know this much about Rainmeter, you're definitely the fuc%@ng Six Paths Sage :o
I'm so happy, grateful and euphoric right now, that I don't fit in myself, finally the gate is doing what I want to, and is just beautiful, I can't find the words to express my gratitude I really appreciate what you've done, this world definitely needs more people like you, thank you for all your patience.
Don't say. A simple thanks is completely enough.
Japmc7 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:01 am 02- Is there any way to make a part of the skin go faster than its base speed? For example:
Let's solve this question for first. As Yincognito said, you need the ActionTimer plugin, to can use the default Update=1000 in the [Rainmeter] section. To get this working, try the followings:
  • For first, replace the Update by Update=1000 in the [Rainmeter] section.
  • Add an OpCl variable to the [Variables] section. Set it to 0:

[Variables]
    OpCl=0
    (If there is no [Variables] section, create it)
  • Add the following ActionTimer plugin measure to your code:

[MeasureOpenClose]
    Measure=Plugin
    Plugin=ActionTimer
    ActionList1=Repeat Open,20,10
    Open=[!SetVariable OpCl "(Clamp((#OpCl#+1),0,9))"][!UpdateMeasure "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!UpdateMeter "MeterAnimationGate"][!Redraw]
    ActionList2=Repeat Close,20,10
    Close=[!SetVariable OpCl "(Clamp((#OpCl#-1),0,9))"][!UpdateMeasure "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!UpdateMeter "MeterAnimationGate"][!Redraw]
    DynamicVariables=1
    As you can see above, the Open option increases the value of the OpCl variable from 0 to 9, while the Close option decreases it, when executed.
  • Replace the Formula option of the [MeasureAnimGate] measure by the following one: Formula=( Clamp (( #OpCl# + ( 9 * StateButton )), 0, 9 )). Remove the following options from the same [MeasureAnimGate] measure: IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0), IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"] and Disabled=1.
  • And finally replace the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the [MeterAnimationGate] by the following ones:

[MeterAnimationGate]
    MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureOpenClose" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureOpenClose" "Stop 2"]
    MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureOpenClose" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureOpenClose" "Execute 2"]
This is everything you have to do. However if you want to use a visualizer in the same skin, what has been described above shouldn't be done, because any visaulizer requires a small Update value set in the [Rainmeter] section. You have to decide what is more important for you: if you want to use a visualizer, don't replace the Update value, but if for you more important is to save some resources, go ahead and try the above things.