It is currently September 1st, 2024, 12:04 am

Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Japmc7

Re: Help

Post by Japmc7 »

Yes Gate is a skin, actually is a sprite Image
With the config you gave me the WMP is working perfect, it opens and close with the cursor, I don't know what you mean when you say "this solution is completely useless for WMP in Win 10". I'm actually using WMP skins working perfectly in Win 10, and this skin I'm creating already has some animations that are activated only when the music is playing, but for one reason the last method you gave me is doing nothing with Gate sprite, I tried to combine the code with the other animations I already have, but neither worked... After we got here it would be a shame not to be able to complete it, I would like to show you what I'm doing, is a remake of an old WMP mask... It's more like a tribute to a WMP mask I wore in Win XP, I redesigned the whole stage and modified some things and I must say it looks beautiful, I would like to show it to you.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

Hey Balala I made it work this way:

Code: Select all

===================================(mPlayer)==============================================
[mPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=WMP
PlayerType=Title
DisableLeadingZero=1

===================================(Gate)==============================================
[StateButton]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=State
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!SetVariable Step "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
IfAboveValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!SetVariable Step "-1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
IfBelowValue=1

[Play]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=Play.png
X=18
Y=16

[MeasureAnimGate]
Measure=Calc
Formula=( Clamp (( MeasureAnimGate + #Step# ), 0, 9 ))
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1

[MeterAnimationGate]
Meter=BitMap
MeasureName=MeasureAnimGate
BitmapImage=Gate.png
X=0
Y=0
BitmapFrames=10
BitmapExtend=1
MouseOverAction=[!SetVariable Step "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetVariable Step "-1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
But now the problem is that, when I hover over it and remove it, the door closes even when the music plays, and it opens again when it moves to the next song. Will there be any variant to prevent that? I fell like we almost there... :rofl: :thumbup:
Last edited by balala on May 13th, 2024, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting codes. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 12:43 am Yes Gate is a skin, actually is a sprite Image
Don't know what a sprite is, especially that the attached picture is not available.
Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 12:43 am I don't know what you mean when you say "this solution is completely useless for WMP in Win 10". I'm actually using WMP skins working perfectly in Win 10,
There are two different Media Player apps in Windows 10 (and same for Windows 11). The first is the one similar with the Windows Media Player present in earlier Windows (for instance in Windows XP or Windows 7), but there is another one as well, a new app introduced in Windows 10 (or maybe in Windows 8 - I'm not sure about this, but for sure didn't exist in Windows 7 and earlier versions, as far as I can remember). The NowPlaying measures will work with the old Windows Media Player (no matter of the Windows in which you're using it, so works even in Windows 10), but doesn't with the new app. This is what I meant.
Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 12:43 am but for one reason the last method you gave me is doing nothing with Gate sprite,
What last method does mean? Can't follow.
Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 12:43 am After we got here it would be a shame not to be able to complete it, I would like to show you what I'm doing, is a remake of an old WMP mask...
For sure some details are needed, because to be honest I don't really follow you. Especially that I don't know what sprite does mean, don1t have the codes and so on. So, please come back with details.
Japmc7 wrote: May 13th, 2024, 3:58 am But now the problem is that, when I hover over it and remove it, the door closes even when the music plays, and it opens again when it moves to the next song. Will there be any variant to prevent that? I fell like we almost there... :rofl: :thumbup:
It's hard to say something meaningful, because I'd need the used bitmap as well as a complete description of what you'd like. Sorry, but as said more times before, I can't follow what exactly you'd like to get.
So do please the followings:
  • Pack the whole config you have and upload the package here.
  • Give a detailed description of what you want to do.
Two more:
  • As said before, you're using lot of deprecated codes: the !Execute bang is still deprecated, you shouldn't use it (you've used it in the IfAboveAction and the IfBelowAction options of the [StateButton] measure).
  • NowPlaying has ended long time ago to be a plugin. It has been converted to an internal measure and you should treat it accordingly (even if the plugin approach, for backward compatibility reasons is still working). So replace the Measure=Plugin and Plugin=NowPlaying.dll option pairs of the [mPlayer] and [StateButton] measures by the only Measure=NowPlaying option.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

Ok, the next time I post a code I will use the button :thumbup:
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

Hey balala I hope you're ok, this is a sprite.
But mine is in png format
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

With this method you gave me, the hover is working perfect with the sprite:

[MeasureAnim]
Measure=Calc
Formula=( Clamp (( MeasureAnim + #Step# ), 0, 13 ))
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasure "MeasureAnim"]
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1

[MeterAnimOpen]
MouseOverAction=[!SetVariable Step "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnim"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnim"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetVariable Step "-1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnim"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnim"]
Is a gate that opens and closes when I hover the cursor. This is great.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

But now I need that the gate do the same thing when the music plays and when it stop, but this method is not working:

[MeasurePlayer]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=WMP
PlayerType=State
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=1)
IfTrueAction=[!ActivateConfig "Gate" "Gate.ini"]
IfFalseAction=[!ActivateConfig "Gate"]
I mean, doesn't open and close with music, all it does is the first sprite image appears and disappears, and I want it to do the same thing it does with the cursor.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

But as I told you I made it work this way:

===================================(mPlayer)==============================================
[mPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=WMP
PlayerType=Title
DisableLeadingZero=1

===================================(Gate)==============================================
[StateButton]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=State
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!SetVariable Step "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
IfAboveValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!SetVariable Step "-1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureAnimGate"]
IfBelowValue=1
The problem now is that when I push the play button and move the cursor away, the door closes it even with the music plays, I want to prevent that happens only when the music is playing, I'm not sure if this code is deprecated but it's the only way it works the way I want.
Japmc7

Post by Japmc7 »

Tell me how I can upload a zip or a winrar with the folder of the project :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

The NowPlaying approach (the one written in the [StateButton] measure) plays forward the animation when the player is playing or is paused (only once, so is not playing the animation when the player plays and you pause it, for instance) and backward when you stop the player.

Details still needed. What I understood is the following: you want to open the door when you start the playback and close it when you stop the playback and don't you want to let it to react to mouse hovering in such a case. When the player is stopped, you want to open the door when you're hovering the mouse over it and want to close it when you're leaving it.
Is this correct? If it's not, let me know what you'd like to do in a different way.