It is currently April 30th, 2024, 2:24 pm

Spotify in Meenimal skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xenium

Re: Spotify in Meenimal skin

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:47 pm When you say 2.0.7 of the plugin, do you mean this?:
Yes.

If it still doesn't work:
1-Uninstall and Install Spotify Desktop Player again:
https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/
2-Install Meenimal skin again.
In the skin settings, select webplayer.

It should work
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:37 pm In the image you attached is the example skin that is installed together with the plugin and the version of the browser extension.

After you have installed the latest version of the plugin(2.0.7), in the settings of the Meenimal skin, choose webplayer.
That's all and it will work, as you can see in the last image posted by me.
Right, something happened where the web player and the desktop player were opened simultaneously (the skin was working with track info).
I logged out of the web player, and then just used the desktop player - and the skin continued working.

Just to check i logged out of the desktop app and back in again - and the skin continued working.

Btw, I have the skin set to 'web player' not 'Spotify'.

Thanks for helping sort this out. Not sure how it just magically worked tho. :lol:

After all that, I've now decided that I don't want to use Spotify - but instead Mediamonkey! :D (joke)
Last edited by ravv3 on April 12th, 2024, 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:02 pm Right, something happened where the web player and the desktop player were opened simultaneously (the skin was working with track info).
I logged out of the web player, and then just used the desktop player - and the skin continued working.

Just to check i logged out of the desktop app and back in again - and the skin continued working.

Btw, I have the skin set to 'web player' not 'Spotify'.

Thanks for helping sort this out. Not sure how it just magically worked tho. :lol:
Yes, you don't have to be logged in both on the web player and on the desktip player at the same time.
I am glad that the problem has been solved
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:07 pm Yes, you don't have to be logged in both on the web player and on the desktip player at the same time.
I am glad that the problem has been solved
Yes, I think I've actually been able to use it with just the desktop version running and not the web version simultaneously - so that's exactly what I want.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

Nope. My thought that this was sorted was premature. This issue is still not fixed.

The Spotify web player or Spotify played in the Firefox browser works (ie. the track info displayed in the skin) when I choose 'web player' in the Meenimal skin settings; but when I play music via the Spotify desktop app (my preferred way) there is nothing displayed!

I personally think that the skin settings should have the 'spotify' icon chosen and not the 'web player one (because the web player relates to the browser method). I also think that something in the config might need changing'??

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

:confused:
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

ravv3 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:27 pm Nope. My thought that this was sorted was premature. This issue is still not fixed.

The Spotify web player or Spotify played in the Firefox browser works (ie. the track info displayed in the skin) when I choose 'web player' in the Meenimal skin settings; but when I play music via the Spotify desktop app (my preferred way) there is nothing displayed!

I personally think that the skin settings should have the 'spotify' icon chosen and not the 'web player one (because the web player relates to the browser method). I also think that something in the config might need changing'??

WebNowPlaying it's not related to only Web content, so still using Web Player option, about Spotify Desktop App, enable this option:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

KazukiGames82 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:43 pm WebNowPlaying it's not related to only Web content, so still using Web Player option, about Spotify Desktop App, enable this option:
It's already enabled.
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

ravv3 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:47 pm It's already enabled.
Well, then check Rainmeter logs for answers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

KazukiGames82 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:54 pm Well, then check Rainmeter logs for answers.
I'm afraid there's only 2 info entries just relating to the skin being refreshed - no errors/nothing significant.

Appreciate you working on this btw. :thumbup:
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:27 pm Nope. My thought that this was sorted was premature. This issue is still not fixed.

The Spotify icon in the skin settings uses the NowPlaying measure (was previously a plugin measure).
NowPlaying partially supports Spotify (it does not support the album cover, progress bar and song duration), but it supports the name of the song and the artist, and the skin should have displayed song info if the Spotify icon is selected in the skin settings.
But.....it seems that NowPlaying has a strange behavior with the latest versions of Spotify.
When Spotify Desktop is installed and a song is played for the first time, the skin displays the song info, but if Spotify is closed and reopened, the skin no longer displays the song info. I tested with other skins and the behavior is the same.
You can also test by uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and selecting the Spotify icon in the skin settings. Play a song and see if the song info is displayed. Then close Spotify and reopen it and play a song and see if the song info is still displayed.

The WebNowPlaying plugin supports both web players (together with the WebNowPlaying browser extension) and desktop players.
The skin uses an old version of the WebNowPlaying plugin (0.5.0) which only supports web players. That's why the author of the skin used the name "webplayer" in the settings. Now, because you have installed the latest version of the plugin, the skin also supports desktop players.

For me, the Meenimal skin works without problems with the Spotify Desktop player using the WebNowPlaying plugin (selecting "webplayer" in the skin settings).You can see this in the last image I posted
I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Make sure you're not logged in to the Spotify website or close the browser. Also make sure that the Desktop Players box is checked in the WebNowPlaying browser extension in Settings.
Check if version 2.0.7 of the plugin has been installed: right-click on the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar and go to About-Plugins-External plugins.
If it still doesn't work, uninstall and install the Spotify Desktop player again, and see if it works (selecting "webplayer" in the skin settings).