It is currently April 30th, 2024, 9:02 pm

Spotify in Meenimal skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ravv3

Spotify in Meenimal skin

Post by ravv3 »

Hi guys, I have a problem where Meenimal skin is not displaying the Spotify web player 'now playing' track.

I know that this web player would normally work in Meenimal with the correct config setting somewhere because I used to have it working before I re-installed the skin (but forgot to back up the settings first).

I'm not sure about changing anything myself without consulting first. However, there doesn't look to be that many places in the configs to look in order sort this out with the appropriate setting for someone who knows what they're doing.

Basically, I have set Spotify as the default player in the GUI settings. I looks like something in the notepad/config settings that needs fixing.

Any help much appreciated.

ps. I have attached my current Meenimal skin .ini file to look through.
Meenimal.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Re: Spotify in Meenimal skin

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:25 pm Hi guys, I have a problem where Meenimal skin is not displaying the Spotify web player 'now playing' track.

I know that this web player would normally work in Meenimal with the correct config setting somewhere because I used to have it working before I re-installed the skin (but forgot to back up the settings first).

I'm not sure about changing anything myself without consulting first. However, there doesn't look to be that many places in the configs to look in order sort this out with the appropriate setting for someone who knows what they're doing.

Basically, I have set Spotify as the default player in the GUI settings. I looks like something in the notepad/config settings that needs fixing.

Any help much appreciated.

ps. I have attached my current Meenimal skin .ini file to look through.Meenimal.ini
To work with Spotify Web Player, you need to install the WebNowPlaying browser extension:
Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/webnowplaying/jfakgfcdgpghbbefmdfjkbdlibjgnbli
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/webnowplaying/

Then in the skin's settings menu, choose web player in the player settings.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:03 pm To work with Spotify Web Player, you need to install the WebNowPlaying browser extension:
Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/webnowplaying/jfakgfcdgpghbbefmdfjkbdlibjgnbli
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/webnowplaying/

Then in the skin's settings menu, choose web player in the player settings.
Thanks for the reply. I installed the webnowplaying and tried it, but then thought about it because Spotify's not being streamed directly from the web browser, but from what's known as the Spotify web player desktop app (it allows you to install Spotify as an app). The webnowplaying extension doesn't appear to work for this unfortunately.
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:16 pm Thanks for the reply. I installed the webnowplaying and tried it, but then thought about it because Spotify's not being streamed directly from the web browser, but from what's known as the Spotify web player desktop app.The webnowplaying extension doesn't appear to work for this unfortunately.
Firts of all, replace WebNowPlaying.dll with WebNowPlaying, and start using WebNowPlaying for all.
Also, you will need install the WebNowPlaying plugin for Rainmeter: https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Rainmeter/releases/tag/2.0.7
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

KazukiGames82 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:22 pm Firts of all, replace WebNowPlaying.dll with WebNowPlaying, and start using WebNowPlaying for all.
Also, you will need install the WebNowPlaying plugin for Rainmeter: https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Rainmeter/releases/tag/2.0.7
Done what you said but the WebNowPlaying add-on is just saying 'Connecting..Attempt #x' and it's not working. This is in Firefox Browser btw.

I have changed WebNowPlaying.dll to this:

Load=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Music "NowPlaying.dll" "#@#Variables.inc"]
Load2=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Music "WebNowPlaying" "#@#Variables.inc"]

I can sense this is close to getting fixed..

The weird thing is, I didn't have to do all this last time when it used to work :confused:
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:16 pm Thanks for the reply. I installed the webnowplaying and tried it, but then thought about it because Spotify's not being streamed directly from the web browser, but from what's known as the Spotify web player desktop app (it allows you to install Spotify as an app). The webnowplaying extension doesn't appear to work for this unfortunately.
For me, the Meenimal skin works with Spotify Web Player. Nothing needs to be changed in the skin's code.
After installing the extension, did you select "webplayer" in the settings menu?
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 7:58 pm For me, the Meenimal skin works with Spotify Web Player. Nothing needs to be changed in the skin's code.
After installing the extension, did you select "webplayer" in the settings menu?
Please see attached:
Meenimal settings 2.jpg
Meenimal settings 1.jpg

ps. If i select the 'web player' icon in settings and not spotify it still doesn't work. I am refreshing Rainmeter everytime I make changes btw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:05 pm ps. If i select the 'web player' icon in settings and not spotify it still doesn't work. I am refreshing Rainmeter everytime I make changes btw.
For Spotify Web Player In the settings menu choose webplayer not the Spotify icon.
The Spotify icon uses the NowPlaying plugin and is chosen for the desktop version of Spotify.
Capture.PNG
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:19 pm For Spotify Web Player In the settings menu choose webplayer not the Spotify icon.
The Spotify icon uses the NowPlaying plugin and is chosen for the desktop version of Spotify.

Capture.PNG
Spotify is playing in the desktop app, but still no track info in Meenimal skin.
Please see this:
Meenimal settings 4.jpg
Meenimal settings 3.jpg
I have put my config file back to default ie. WebNowPlayin.dll
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:19 pm For Spotify Web Player In the settings menu choose webplayer not the Spotify icon.

Capture.PNG
The thing is - I think I use the desktop version of Spotify, not the Web player ( I do not use the website in Firefox, I use the installed desktop app).
That's why i must chose the Spotify icon in the settings
Meenimal settings 5.jpg
This is why I don't think the WebNowPlaying is the thing I need.
Last edited by ravv3 on April 12th, 2024, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.