It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 12:44 pm

Spotify in Meenimal skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xenium

Re: Spotify in Meenimal skin

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:37 pm The thing is - I think I use the desktop version of Spotify, not the Web player ( I do not use the website in Firefox, I use the installed desktop app).
That's why i must chose the Spotify icon.
If you want to use the Spotify desktop player, you must install the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin.
Install WebNowPlayingRedux.rmskin and the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin will be installed automatically:
https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Rainmeter/releases/tag/2.0.7
Then In the settings menu choose webplayer not the Spotify icon.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:43 pm If you want to use the Spotify desktop player, you must install the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin.
Install WebNowPlayingRedux.rmskin and the latest version of the WebNowPlaying plugin will be installed automatically:
https://github.com/keifufu/WebNowPlaying-Rainmeter/releases/tag/2.0.7
Then In the settings menu choose webplayer not the Spotify icon.
My Spotify doesn't look like yours. Yours in open in Firefox. I could do that, but I don't want to, I like the desktop app.

I have actually done all you suggested but mine isn't working.
Last edited by ravv3 on April 12th, 2024, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:46 pm My Spotify doesn't look like yours. Yours in open in Firefox. I could do that, but I don't want to, I like the desktop app.
Follow the above instructions exactly and it will work with the desktop version of Spotify
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:49 pm Follow the above instructions exactly and it will work with the desktop version of Spotify
Ok, I just logged out of the Spotify Windows app, and logged into Spotify in Firefox and it works - but I want it to work in the windows app, like before I reinstalled this skin.

Having it working in Firefox is no good to me.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 8:56 pm Ok, I just logged out of the Spotify Windows app, and logged into Spotify in Firefox and it works - but I want it to work in the windows app, like before I reinstalled this skin.

Having it working in Firefox is no good to me.
Again, it follows my last instruction exactly and will work with the desktop version as well...
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:01 pm Again, it follows my last instruction exactly and will work with the desktop version as well...
I do appreciate your help. This is the skin when I use web player setting, and Spotify via Firefox web browser:
Meenimal settings 6.jpg
However, If I leave the settings exactly the same and try playing something on Spotify via the Windows app/desktop version - I get nothing.

What this indicates is that I have followed your installation instructions, or the Firefox method wouldn't even work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:10 pm I do appreciate your help. This is the skin when I use web player setting, and Spotify via Firefox web browser:

Meenimal settings 6.jpg

However, If I leave the settings exactly the same and try playing something on Spotify via the Windows app/desktop version - I get nothing.

What this indicates is that I have followed your installation instructions, or the Firefox method wouldn't even work.
Have you installed the latest version (2.0.7) of the WebNowPlaying plugin?
Did you select webplayer in the settings (not the Spotify icon)?
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:15 pm Have you installed the latest version (2.0.7) of the WebNowPlaying plugin?
Did you select webplayer in the settings (not the Spotify icon)?
Capture2.PNG
I think these are the settings in question:
Meenimal settings 7.jpg
Meenimal settings 8.jpg

☝ This is from the Firefox method that worked - not the Windows app/desktop app that didn't.

Meenimal settings 9.jpg
Last edited by ravv3 on April 12th, 2024, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:23 pm I think these are the settings in question:
In the image you attached is the example skin that is installed together with the plugin and the version of the browser extension.

After you have installed the latest version of the plugin(2.0.7), in the settings of the Meenimal skin, choose webplayer.
That's all and it will work, as you can see in the last image posted by me.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 12th, 2024, 9:37 pm In the image you attached is the example skin that is installed together with the plugin and the version of the browser extension.

After you have installed the latest version of the plugin(2.0.7), in the settings of the Meenimal skin, choose webplayer.
That's all and it will work, as you can see in the last image posted by me.

When you say 2.0.7 of the plugin, do you mean this?:
Meenimal settings 10.jpg
If you do, I've already installed it, and I have chosen web player.

I reiterate: firefox works, desktop app doesn't.