It is currently May 1st, 2024, 8:42 pm

What do I modify to restore the original settings?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: What do I modify to restore the original settings?

Post by Yincognito »

bhs67 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 12:37 pm What should I add / modify in LightClock.ini to move the time / date closer to the left side of the screen? Thanks!
1) Drag the skin where you want it to be
2) Lower the value of the X option in MeterTime, if 1) was not enough
3) Change the value of the StringAlign option to Left in both MeterTime and MeterDate, if 1) and 2) were not enough
4) Use a different FontFace and / or FontSize in those two meters, if 1), 2) and 3) were not enough
bhs67 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 11:14 am Learning Rainmeter nomenclature is a low priority for me. The only time I will use it again, is after Win12 is released.
Fair enough. Take into account however, that if you consider being able to help yourself by doing that a low priority, nobody else will consider it a higher priority than you consider it yourself - especially when you recycle the same questions every 2 years. In other words, the importance others will give to your problems is directly proportional with the importance you give yourself to understanding and solving them. Just saying. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
bhs67

Post by bhs67 »

balala: Thanks for your responses!

"What doesn't make sense at all is copying to Windows.old."

Code: Select all

I copied "to" C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder ... not "to" Windows.old.
Also, I tried the suggestions. Unfortunately, they do not achieve the desired end result.

---
Yincognito: Thanks for your responses!

1) I can drag the temperature. I cannot drag the date / time.
2) I tried that. Did not make a difference.
3) I tried that. Did not make a difference.
4) I tried that. Did not make a difference.

"... by doing that a low priority, nobody else will consider it a higher priority than you consider it yourself ...."

I'm puzzled by this response. As an example, I want my vehicle gas gauge light to illuminate when it gets to the 1/4 tank level.

It would be a tremendous effort to learn how to write the vehicle microcontroller code to make this one change. It would much easier for the people who wrote that code to make this change.

Not having the knowledge how to write the vehicle microcontroller code does not 
make the desired end result less important. 
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

bhs67 wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:30 pm {clip}
---
Yincognito: Thanks for your responses!

{clip}
It is true you cannot drag this skin to position it to the left edge, however, I do not believe you tried (or you tried improperly) the other suggestions... they definitely would work.

Here is the simple answer:
Change the [MeterTime]'s X value as shown below (X=115), save the file, and refresh the skin, or Refresh All.

[MeterTime]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=STRING
X=115
Y=0
FontColor=414141
FontSize=74
FontFace=Antipasto
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1

Because the [MeterTime] section uses StringAlign=CENTER, you need to reduce the X value by one half to have it "centered" horizontally at a point that places the left side of the string near zero. You can adjust the value slightly higher if it places the numerals too close to the left screen edge.

If you are still not able to position your skin, post the code here and we can help; telling us " I tried that. Did not make a difference." does not tell us WHAT you tried.
bhs67

Post by bhs67 »

I have uploaded the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder

Rainmeter.zip

to my website https://temp.foxping.com/.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

bhs67 wrote: April 19th, 2024, 3:01 pm I have uploaded the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder

Rainmeter.zip

to my website https://temp.foxping.com/.
Hmm... You uploaded your installation folder for Rainmeter, not your "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins" folder.

Neither of those will help, we need to see the skin code for your "Elegant Clock\Lightclock.ini" skin.

Open that file in a text editor, select all, copy it, then paste that into a reply post in this thread.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

bhs67 wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:30 pm 1) I can drag the temperature. I cannot drag the date / time.
Have you tried Right click > Settings > draggable?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

RicardoTM wrote: April 19th, 2024, 3:34 pm Have you tried Right click > Settings > draggable?
This will not change anything related to this clock skin. The StringAlign=CENTER and X=230 in the string meter of this skin, prevent it from being placed to the left edge.

Until we see the code bhs67 is using, there is nothing else we can do to help them. :uhuh:
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 19th, 2024, 3:43 pm This will not change anything related to this clock skin. The StringAlign=CENTER and X=230 in the string meter of this skin, prevent it from being placed to the left edge.

Until we see the code bhs67 is using, there is nothing else we can do to help them. :uhuh:
Oh, my bad.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

bhs67 wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:30 pm I'm puzzled by this response. As an example, I want my vehicle gas gauge light to illuminate when it gets to the 1/4 tank level. [...] It would be a tremendous effort to learn how to write the vehicle microcontroller code to make this one change. It would much easier for the people who wrote that code to make this change.
I understand your reasoning, but we're talking about really basic things in this case, e.g. right clicking to show a context menu and see which skin you clicked on, dragging to move a skin, changing an X or Y value - reading a few lines and looking at one or two screenshots describing them in the tutorial from the manual are hardly a tremendous effort to do. Helping out is not a problem, but it assumes the user is at least interested to find out how to do elementar tasks on his own before getting help on more complex issues, if any. If he's not, then those reading the same questions 2 years from now might ask themselves "if the OP didn't care to find out how to do it by now, why should we care to do it for him". Anyway, this was just a common sense observation, by no means mandatory and such, and in the end you do what you want and think it's best. ;-)
bhs67 wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:30 pm Yincognito: Thanks for your responses!

I suspect that possibly ommiting saving the file and refreshing the skin might be why 2), 3) or 4) didn't work for you, like eclectic-tech mentioned. Either that, or the skin code is different from what you posted, though that's less likely. For example, I just tried the 2) step on LightClock.ini as described (only changed the "2" digit to a "1" one, see the selection below), saved the file and refreshed the skin, and it did the job:
ElegantClock.jpg
The screenshot above obviously contains the leftmost part of my screen. Moving the skin towards the bottom of the screen can be done by dragging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
bhs67

Post by bhs67 »

This is what I see with -> [MeterTime] ... X=230

This is what I see when I change -> [MeterTime] ... X=0

Rainmeter is making an incorrect assumption about the monitor size. How do I fix that?