It is currently April 30th, 2024, 8:28 am

Uninstall ruined my taskbar

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
wolfseye

Uninstall ruined my taskbar

Post by wolfseye »

Hi guys,

today I tried out Rainmeter, but after some trying around, I realized its not for me.
So I uninstalled it again, also was using ValliStart with JaxCore. Technically all was uninstalled.

But the position of my Start Button (Win) and the rest of the stuff that with W11 would be normally centered, is now on the left. Even after the uninstall. How can I fix that ?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Cheers
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Uninstall ruined my taskbar

Post by SilverAzide »

wolfseye wrote: April 4th, 2024, 11:00 am Hi guys,

today I tried out Rainmeter, but after some trying around, I realized its not for me.
So I uninstalled it again, also was using ValliStart with JaxCore. Technically all was uninstalled.

But the position of my Start Button (Win) and the rest of the stuff that with W11 would be normally centered, is now on the left. Even after the uninstall. How can I fix that ?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Cheers
None of what you are seeing has anything to do with Rainmeter, and has everything to do with ValliStart/JaxCore. Hopefully your bad experience with that skin suite won't affect your opinion of Rainmeter, because there are plenty of great skins out there that won't screw up your system.

You can easily restore your Start button position. Go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, then select the Taskbar behaviors option. Use the Taskbar alignment dropdown menu to change the icons from Left back to Center.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Think of Rainmeter as a road network in very good shape, and of skins like cars driving on that. If a car fails and leaves you in the middle of nowhere, the culprit for that is the car, not the infrastructure. Like SilverAzide mentioned, in 99% of the cases, the problem is the skin. The rest is obviously a potential Rainmeter bug, but those are very few if any, since plenty of people use it with other skins and have little to no issues whatsoever.

Oh, and for the record, you're not the only one who had problems with JaxCore / ValliStart. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're very nice and comprehensive, but since they're more complex than other skins, the potential for problems increases proportionally.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Crest

Post by Crest »

wolfseye wrote: April 4th, 2024, 11:00 amSo I uninstalled it again, also was using ValliStart ...

Looking at ValliStart it uses a Powershell script to modify a registry key that changes taskbar icon alignment. See this code. You should report it to them as an issue here that it doesn't restore the original alignment value on uninstall. Like others have mentioned it's unrelated to Rainmeter (anything running such scripts could similarly modify the system).

Also tbh, anything that requires you run a separate script as admin should be a red flag unless you're aware what it's doing.