It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:56 pm

I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
stinkzies

I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Post by stinkzies »

As far as I know, the only way to do this is to use MagickMeter plugin:https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter
But after fiddling around with the code for a while, I can't seem to convert my existing settings into code compatible with ImageMagick. Can someone help me add perspective to my existing code? I'm not very good at coding, even simple codes like these, so I would appreciate any help.

To be exact, I'm trying to warp my clock with perspective on this building

My code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureClock]
Measure=Time
Format=#Hours#:%M

[Clock]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureClock
X=310
Y=80
W=555
H=250
Text=%1
Angle=(Rad(-1)
FontColor=255,255,255
FontFace=Akira Expanded
FontSize=75
InlineSetting=Shadow | 9 | 4 | 6.5 | 0,0,0,255
StringAlign=Left
DynamicVariables=1
AntiAlias=1
Last edited by stinkzies on March 16th, 2024, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RicardoTM

Re: I need help with changing my clock perspective

Post by RicardoTM »

I don't know about MagicMeter, but that should be possible using a transformation matrix.
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

RicardoTM wrote: March 16th, 2024, 12:17 pm I don't know about MagicMeter, but that should be possible using a transformation matrix.
I tried transformation matrix before but it's only a 2D transformation and it still looks off compared with the building.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

stinkzies wrote: March 16th, 2024, 1:50 pm I tried transformation matrix before but it's only a 2D transformation and it still looks off compared with the building.
TransformationMatrix can be used to scale a meter, to rotate it, to flip it or to skew it. This means you can't alter a meter to get trapezoids, nor strange quadrilaterals, but only can get parallelograms.
If you decide you need / want any of the possible transformations, let me know for further help.
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2024, 2:45 pm TransformationMatrix can be used to scale a meter, to rotate it, to flip it or to skew it. This means you can't alter a meter to get trapezoids, nor strange quadrilaterals, but only can get parallelograms.
If you decide you need / want any of the possible transformations, let me know for further help.
Yes that's my goal here, to transform beyond parallelograms, so I would really appreciate your help.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

stinkzies wrote: March 16th, 2024, 2:51 pm Yes that's my goal here, to transform beyond parallelograms, so I would really appreciate your help.
I worked very less with MagicMeter and very long time ago, so I need time to help you with it. But can easier help you with TransformationMatrix, if you need this. I just need to know what kind of transformation you need. What beyond parallelograms does mean? Is that something which can be achieved with TransformationMatrix? I assume it's not, but am I right?
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2024, 2:57 pm I worked very less with MagicMeter and very long time ago, so I need time to help you with it. But can easier help you with TransformationMatrix, if you need this. I just need to know what kind of transformation you need. What beyond parallelograms does mean? Is that something which can be achieved with TransformationMatrix? I assume it's not, but am I right?
Take all the time you need. I played around with transformation matrix before but it looks kinda off compared to my wallpaper
I'm trying to achieve something like this:
It's a very subtle 3D transformation but it will look better.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

stinkzies wrote: March 16th, 2024, 3:03 pm I'm trying to achieve something like this:
Seems not possible with TransformationMatrix, so MagicMeter is needed here. But will take longer time for me to get it transformed as you want, if I'll be able to do it. If anyone else knows exactly how to do it, it's alright. I'm gonna take a look as well to try making it, however I persoanlly can't promise for sure I'll be able to do it.
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2024, 3:15 pm Seems not possible with TransformationMatrix, so MagicMeter is needed here. But will take longer time for me to get it transformed as you want, if I'll be able to do it. If anyone else knows exactly how to do it, it's alright. I'm gonna take a look as well to try making it, however I persoanlly can't promise for sure I'll be able to do it.
No worries, take your time.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 16th, 2024, 3:03 pmI'm trying to achieve something like this:
It's a very subtle 3D transformation but it will look better.
Something like this could be a starting point:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

---Measures---

[MeasureClock]
Measure=Time
Format=%H:%M
OnChangeAction=[!CommandMeasure Magick "Update"]

[Magick]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MagickMeter
;Image=Text [MeasureClock] | Face Tahoma | Size 75 | Align Left | BackgroundColor 255,0,0,128 | Color 255,255,255,255 | AntiAlias 1 | Offset 0,0 | Canvas 254,121 | Perspective 0,0,254,0,254,121,0,121
Image=Text [MeasureClock] | Face Tahoma | Size 75 | Align Left | BackgroundColor 255,0,0,128 | Color 255,255,255,255 | AntiAlias 1 | Perspective 0,50,224,0,254,100,50,100

---Meters---

[Back]
Meter=Image
W=508
H=242
SolidColor=0,0,0,128

[Image]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Magick

[Clock]
Meter=String
X=254
Y=0
W=254
H=121
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=75
StringAlign=Left
SolidColor=0,0,255,128
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
InlineSetting=Shadow | 9 | 4 | 6.5 | 0,0,0,255
MeasureName=MeasureClock
Text=%1
DynamicVariables=1
Perspective.jpg
See:
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/wiki
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/wiki/Text
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/wiki/Effects#perspective

Don't ask me what everything actually means though, the wiki is nice but still not 100% clear in some aspects. Blue to the right is the original, red to the left is the perspective version. Not sure how to add inline settings to the text in a MagickMeter measure or if it's even possible. In essence, that "text" is not a string anymore, but an image, which is manipulated exclusively through the MagickMeter options (which don't seem to provide inline setting capabilities, or at least not that I could find while briefly examining the plugin's wiki).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth