It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:55 am

Paste from clipboard?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Paste from clipboard?

Post by eclectic-tech »

RicardoTM wrote: March 1st, 2024, 5:05 pm This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you E-T.
Balala's Powershell command should work also, I'll have to compare them ... Thanks for the idea, balala!
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 1st, 2024, 5:11 pm Balala's Powershell command should work also, I'll have to compare them ... Thanks for the idea, balala!
Yup, I'll try both and will update with my findings. I have not much expectations with the RunCommand method as PowerShell tends to be slow, but I'll try anyway.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Update:

Just as I suspected, the RunCommand method is slower. The plugin does a way better job at this. Thanks all for your help.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I thought that might be the case...
Glad you got it working! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 1st, 2024, 5:11 pm Thanks for the idea, balala!
You're welcome, ET. I'm glad if finally I could show you something you didn't know. :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: March 1st, 2024, 5:26 pm Just as I suspected, the RunCommand method is slower. The plugin does a way better job at this. Thanks all for your help.
Your choice which approach to use. It's completely up to you. Glad you got it working.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 1st, 2024, 5:41 pm I thought that might be the case...
Glad you got it working! :thumbup:
By the way, is there any chance you could tell me where to find the plugin's documentation?
balala wrote: March 1st, 2024, 6:03 pm Your choice which approach to use. It's completely up to you. Glad you got it working.
Yup, this time E-T wins :lol:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: March 1st, 2024, 6:09 pm Yup, this time E-T wins :lol:
No, I don't think. This is not a contest, there is no winner and loser.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: March 1st, 2024, 6:09 pm By the way, is there any chance you could tell me where to find the plugin's documentation?
There isn't one, AFAIK. See its topic here - apparently the user doesn't have a GitHub account either anymore, something obvious from SilverAzide - Eclectic-Tech's ClipboardMeter link too. That being said, it looks like Brian wrote a similar (I think) plugin, which has some documentation. I don't use these features so I can't tell which plugin is more suited for what you need, you'll have to test them both and compare.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: March 1st, 2024, 7:52 pm There isn't one, AFAIK. See its topic here - apparently the user doesn't have a GitHub account either anymore, something obvious from SilverAzide - Eclectic-Tech's ClipboardMeter link too. That being said, it looks like Brian wrote a similar (I think) plugin, which has some documentation. I don't use these features so I can't tell which plugin is more suited for what you need, you'll have to test them both and compare.
Yes I got to those posts but I was hoping there was something else I didn't see, like Brian's plugin, thanks. I'll take a look at that one too.