It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:45 am

help with time counter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RicardoTM

Re: help with time counter

Post by RicardoTM »

balala wrote: February 26th, 2024, 6:38 pm After two pages of replies most in Spanish, which I don't speak (I often say: the only thing I know in Spanish is 'Bonjour", which means Goodbye), I am not sure at all if finally the issue has been fixed. Now I see what time mismatch does mean, previously I didn't even realize there is such a problem, but now I see there definitely is. So, has it been fixed in meantime? Because I don't work with it, if it got a fix.
Nice joke :rolmfao:

The problem was the Update=60, her pc might' be old and slow and that fast update was causing problems none of us could reproduce. After changing it to 1000 and adjusting the counter measure she saw a great improvement but there was still a noticeable desync due to the counter starting from 1 instead of 0. The problem was that I didn't realize there was already a measure ([CalcElapsedSeconds]) calculating the Elapsed seconds based on the time measures, so the real fix was to change the Update and use that measure on the Roundline instead of the counter you were using.

Now we are just waiting for her to test that final fix and see if it works (which I think it will).
CarlotaN

Post by CarlotaN »

It's 3 in the morning... I couldn't wait any longer and my internal alarm clock said I can't wait and the result is:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Yes!!! It works like a charm!!!

Thank you all so much, Balala, Yncognito, Ricardo... and to whom, without participating in the conversation Eclectic-Tech, Creewick, and JSMorley And others that I don't remember, who have helped me with their published codes.
I will ask again when I have questions about another skin... although first I have to find out how to save it correctly.
The best for all

PD: But I keep reading you, I always read you even if I don't participate ;)
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

CarlotaN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:27 am It's 3 in the morning... I couldn't wait any longer and my internal alarm clock said I can't wait and the result is:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Yes!!! It works like a charm!!!

Thank you all so much, Balala, Yncognito, Ricardo... and to whom, without participating in the conversation Eclectic-Tech, Creewick, and JSMorley And others that I don't remember, who have helped me with their published codes.
I will ask again when I have questions about another skin... although first I have to find out how to save it correctly.
The best for all

PD: But I keep reading you, I always read you even if I don't participate ;)
I'm happy we could finally fix it! Now you can sleep in peace :lol:
CarlotaN

Post by CarlotaN »

I'm happy we could finally fix it! Now you can sleep in peace
Thanks but in the end I haven't slept... I've been improving some things... and packing correctly :D
Let's see if I pass the exam...
I repeat a thousand thanks to all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CarlotaN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 5:27 am I repeat a thousand thanks to all
Balala and RicardoTM deserve them the most, but obviously we're all glad that a solution has been reached. I'll probably test the package later on when time permits, though I suspect everything will be fine. :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

CarlotaN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 5:27 am Thanks but in the end I haven't slept... I've been improving some things... and packing correctly :D
Let's see if I pass the exam...
I repeat a thousand thanks to all
Nice work Carlota, I like the new look and everything works great!
CarlotaN

Post by CarlotaN »

I like the new look and everything works great!
If you ever need graphics, just let me know. I will be happy to help you and everyone.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CarlotaN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 5:27 am Let's see if I pass the exam...
You did. Congratulations, good work. Same way as the others, I'm glad as well you got it working as you wish.
CarlotaN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 2:27 am I will ask again when I have questions about another skin...
Come and ask, whenever questions arise.
:great:
CarlotaN

Post by CarlotaN »

Come and ask, whenever questions arise.
:great:
Thanks Balala, I will do it.
I wish you the best!!!