It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:19 pm

Rainmeter overlay disappearing when going to desktop

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
NexusFrostbite

Rainmeter overlay disappearing when going to desktop

Post by NexusFrostbite »

I got a Windows update last night that seems to have somewhat broken Rainmeter. Whenever I go to my desktop, the overlay is missing. However, if I right click anywhere on the desktop it re appears. Once I focus on any other application and go back to desktop, it's gone again. Is anyone else having this issue? Are there any fixes?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter overlay disappearing when going to desktop

Post by SilverAzide »

NexusFrostbite wrote: February 10th, 2024, 10:01 pm I got a Windows update last night that seems to have somewhat broken Rainmeter. Whenever I go to my desktop, the overlay is missing. However, if I right click anywhere on the desktop it re appears. Once I focus on any other application and go back to desktop, it's gone again. Is anyone else having this issue? Are there any fixes?
Whatever update you got didn't do anything to Rainmeter. And Rainmeter doesn't have anything called an "overlay" either. Most likely the problem is with whatever skin you are using, and since you didn't tell us which one that is, I doubt anyone will be able to help you until you do.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
NexusFrostbite

Post by NexusFrostbite »

SilverAzide wrote: February 10th, 2024, 10:24 pm Whatever update you got didn't do anything to Rainmeter. And Rainmeter doesn't have anything called an "overlay" either. Most likely the problem is with whatever skin you are using, and since you didn't tell us which one that is, I doubt anyone will be able to help you until you do.
Well considering this issue never existed for me until I updated Windows last night, I think it's pretty safe to assume that that was the problem. By the "overlay" I just mean what I have Rainmeter set to display. I'm using a skin called Mond
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

NexusFrostbite wrote: February 10th, 2024, 10:01 pm I got a Windows update last night that seems to have somewhat broken Rainmeter. Whenever I go to my desktop, the overlay is missing. However, if I right click anywhere on the desktop it re appears. Once I focus on any other application and go back to desktop, it's gone again. Is anyone else having this issue? Are there any fixes?
Can't speak for Win 11 since I don't use it, so SilverAzide might have more to say in that regard, but maybe a clean uninstall of Rainmeter (there's a post somewhere on the forum about that, look it up) and installing the newer / rewritten version of Mond instead could help:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42042
Can't guarantee that it will solve the issue (it certainly won't if it's some weird bug in your last Windows update), but you don't lose anything by trying. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

NexusFrostbite wrote: February 10th, 2024, 11:27 pm I'm using a skin called Mond
Try if the issue persist with other skins as well. Try loading some skins of the illustro package, which comes with Rainmeter. Thos skins definitely have no such issues. So are the illustro skins disappearing as well?