It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:02 pm

File view - plugin - issue - download

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
gabrcare

File view - plugin - issue - download

Post by gabrcare »

Hey I'm a little new to Rainmeter and I'm having some issues downloading the file view plugin, for some reason the download option is not there, I've even so much as tried to look for a versions release page, but there's nothing. This issue seems to have also affected the other plugins as well, I cant seem to download any.

if you have any info on this please respond as soon as possible.

thank you
(RESOLVED)
Last edited by gabrcare on December 11th, 2023, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: File view - plugin - issue - download

Post by eclectic-tech »

gabrcare wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:37 am Hey I'm a little new to Rainmeter and I'm having some issues downloading the file view plugin, for some reason the download option is not there, I've even so much as tried to look for a versions release page, but there's nothing. This issue seems to have also affected the other plugins as well, I cant seem to download any.

if you have any info on this please respond as soon as possible.

thank you
The Fileview plugin is an internal plugin and is included when you download and install Rainmeter.

Normally you do not need to download external (3rd party) plugins separately.

If you install a skin that uses an external plugin, both 32-bit & 64-bit versions are included. The correct bit version will be installed in your Rainmeter installation, and a copy of both bit versions will be added to your 'Skins\@Vault' folder.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

To generalize a bit what eclectic-tech said, any plugin that has an entry in the Rainmeter manual is an internal one and comes with installing Rainmeter itself.

The rest are external plugins and can be installed from either the Plugins & Addons section of this forum, GitHub or by downloading and installing the sample skins using them from DeviantArt, this forum or wherever those skins may be uploaded.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
gabrcare

Post by gabrcare »

Thank you guys for the help, apparently what happened is when rainmeter downloaded it did not implement the plugin folder correctly.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gabrcare wrote: December 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm apparently what happened is when rainmeter downloaded it did not implement the plugin folder correctly.
Not possible! :rofl: How did you figure this out?