It is currently March 19th, 2024, 8:16 am

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Brian
Developer

FileView plugin 2.1

Post by Brian »

The FileView plugin in now included in with Rainmeter as of version 2.5.

It's usage can be found here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/fileview

-Brian
jsmorley
Developer

Re: FileView plugin [WIP]

Post by jsmorley »

Wow... I mean just wow!

Nice work. This seems to have all the functionality I would want, and as far as I can tell works very nice, quick and stable.

One minor request IF it can be done. As well as PageDown and PageUp, IndexDown / IndexUp or some other appropriate name, so that mouse scrolling can be used to scroll through a list of files one file at a time would be nice.
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

Yay! I got a christmas present after all! Thank you very much Brian!
fragrant.monkey

Post by fragrant.monkey »

Thank you very much from myself as well. I am excited to add this into my personal RM suite as as replacement/upgrade from the filelist plugin.

Your time and effort on this work is very much appreciated by myself, as well I'm sure, by myriad others.

I've been waiting patiently for the WebParser to be upgraded to support dynamic variables, I didn't even expect the filelist plugin to ever be so... I am sure that this will be popular, and put to excellent use in many RM skins.

Thank you again, and a very merry Christmas to you and yours.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Brian,
It's been said, but it's worth repeating...

WOW! :o

Great present! :D

Thanks! :thumbup:

And for me too... Thank You for making one of my holiday wishes come true! :great:

Happy Holidays!
Unight

Post by Unight »

It's Delicious!Thx~~
fragrant.monkey

Now that I've had a little time to play with this I've run into a problem (for one particular situation) and wonder if it would be possible for a certain feature of the FileList plugin to be implemented into FileView.

In my skin I need the plugin to retrieve only certain filenames from a folder, as opposed to the full contents of that directory.

In my parent measure I use the WildcardSearch= option of the FileList plugin to specify a subset of files in a folder beyond what can be achieved via Extensions=txt.

As an example, one could use: WildcardSearch=foo*.txt to select out only those text files with a filename prefixed with the characters: foo

If some kind of function could be implemented to achieve this capability in the future, I would be grateful.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

fragrant.monkey wrote:Now that I've had a little time to play with this I've run into a problem (for one particular situation) and wonder if it would be possible for a certain feature of the FileList plugin to be implemented into FileView.

In my skin I need the plugin to retrieve only certain filenames from a folder, as opposed to the full contents of that directory.

In my parent measure I use the WildcardSearch= option of the FileList plugin to specify a subset of files in a folder beyond what can be achieved via Extensions=txt.

As an example, one could use: WildcardSearch=foo*.txt to select out only those text files with a filename prefixed with the characters: foo

If some kind of function could be implemented to achieve this capability in the future, I would be grateful.
Hmmm. I could not find that feature in the FileList code anywhere. :confused:

I think this could be a nice feature, so I went ahead and added it. I will post it in a few days.

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

jsmorley wrote:Wow... I mean just wow!

Nice work. This seems to have all the functionality I would want, and as far as I can tell works very nice, quick and stable.

One minor request IF it can be done. As well as PageDown and PageUp, IndexDown / IndexUp or some other appropriate name, so that mouse scrolling can be used to scroll through a list of files one file at a time would be nice.
Yeah, I can see the benefits to that functionality. Unfortunately this will require some careful thought to accomplish. I will check in a few days with some progress (hopefully :D ).

-Brian
fragrant.monkey

Brian wrote: Hmmm. I could not find that feature in the FileList code anywhere. :confused:

I think this could be a nice feature, so I went ahead and added it. I will post it in a few days.

-Brian
My reference documentation for FileList comes from here: http://www.mirimo.org/Plugin-FileList.html (dated: FileList (v0.00.2009.10.12))
- note that for some reason my browser will download the html page, not display it as you would expect...

http://www.mirimo.org/home/rainmeter/filelistplugin is a (broken) webpage for FileList...

Curious is that the latest release package (which I wasn't aware of until just now...) is very recent: (v.1) http://www.mirimo.org/home/rainmeter/FileListPlugin%5B2012-11-12%5D.zip

The dll is now named FileList.dll, and not FileListPlugin.dll as previously. It is also smaller in size (42kb vs. 64kb). Ran a VirusTotal scan just in case, results.

Edit:

Tested the 'newer' version of FileList as described above... and the function I was originally inquiring about is no longer present in this version!!