It is currently April 28th, 2024, 4:39 am

How to display water pump fan

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MacAlly

How to display water pump fan

Post by MacAlly »

Hi,

I'm trying to display the water pump fan speed instead of the CPU one.
But without success.
What should I edit in the ini file?

Here is what I tried:
Last edited by MacAlly on December 3rd, 2023, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to display water pump fan

Post by balala »

MacAlly wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:38 am I'm trying to display the water pump fan speed instead of the CPU one.
But without success.
What should I edit in the ini file?
What skin are you using? Posting a screenshot is completely useless, a sample code would be much better.
I see you have a measure returning the appropriate value ([CPUFAN0]) You have to use the returned value into the appropriate String meter, to get visible the value. If you've used it but don't get the value on the skin, follow these steps:
  • Remove the Software\ part of the RegKey option of the [CPUFAN0] measure. It is not needed, at least based on the screenshot seen on the right side of your image. Use this option: RegKey=FinalWire\AIDA64\SensorValues.
  • Make sure the FWPUMP variable is defined.
  • Make sure the VpuClockFan variable has a value not to get the [CPUFAN0] measure disabled (it should be not 0, most probably should be above 0).
However if none of these advices help, post the code you're using, please.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 12:52 pm
  • Remove the Software\ part of the RegKey option of the [CPUFAN0] measure. It is not needed, at least based on the screenshot seen on the right side of your image. Use this option: RegKey=FinalWire\AIDA64\SensorValues.
The right-side part of the screenshot does show the registry path including the Software\ part though... But you're right about making sure the measure isn't disabled.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 2:38 pm The right-side part of the screenshot does show the registry path including the Software\ part though...
Right! Being written uppercase, I missed it. My bad...
This is one reason why a screenshot is in most cases useless for us.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 3:17 pmThis is one reason why a screenshot is in most cases useless for us.
Indeed, it sometimes is, especially when you have to write what's in the screenshot yourself. :D
Probably not that critical here, since it's just one measure, plus the OP even drew a nice, shadowed, red arrow and a rectangle for our convenience... 8-)
MacAlly

Post by MacAlly »

Well I managed to have it working.

I used inspected an other skin with all the fan values displayed.

I had to use RegValue=#FWPUMPSV# instead of RegValue=#FWPUMP#

I have not changed anything else.
I wonder still wonder why it is not the registry value that the skin is using (Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64 Edition)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MacAlly wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 5:39 pm I wonder still wonder why it is not the registry value that the skin is using (Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64 Edition)
Since we have no idea what the FWPUMPSV and FWPUMP variables are used for and what are they representing, we can't tell.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MacAlly wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 5:39 pm I had to use RegValue=#FWPUMPSV# instead of RegValue=#FWPUMP#
[...]
I wonder still wonder why it is not the registry value that the skin is using (Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64 Edition)
Simple: the skin had no FWPUMP variable in its ...\@Resources\AIDA64SensorValues.inc file, but had a FWPUMPSV variable, whose value was what was needed, according to the registry:
RegValue.jpg
For the future, you can't use a variable out of nowhere and expect it to work if it hasn't been defined, or ask about something in a skin without mentioning its name, code or link if available. You have to base either a question or a solution on something. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 7:29 pm For the future, you can't use a variable out of nowhere and expect it to work if it hasn't been defined, or ask about something in a skin without mentioning its name, code or link if available.
Good :thumbup: you succeeded in figuring out which skin is all this about. I couldn't...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 7:35 pm Good :thumbup: you succeeded in figuring out which skin is all this about. I couldn't...
It wasn't that difficult, after the OP's last post...

The OP mentioned the skin's name in his last post (yep, a bit counterintuitive, probably due to the translation):
MacAlly wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 5:39 pmI wonder still wonder why it is not the registry value that the skin is using (Rainformer 3.2 AIDA64 Edition)
and the specific config from that package (CPU-RAM) was visible in the screenshot the OP uploaded in the initial post:
MacAlly wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:38 am Image
As folks who try to help, we always expect the user to make logical connections and understand what we write. Sometimes, we have to do the same as well. :)