It is currently April 28th, 2024, 11:54 am

How to enter and leave the screen more naturally and completely when the particle effect is generated?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Pyuahowaito

How to enter and leave the screen more naturally and completely when the particle effect is generated?

Post by Pyuahowaito »

May I ask how to modify the lua script: avoid generating and removing particles only from the middle of the circle when the particle effect completely enters the bottom of the screen or leaves the top of the screen completely.Sorry, I don't know anything about Lua.
Last edited by Pyuahowaito on December 3rd, 2023, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to enter and leave the screen more naturally and completely when the particle effect is generated?

Post by Yincognito »

Pyuahowaito wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 3:24 am May I ask how to modify the lua script: avoid generating and removing particles only from the middle of the circle when the particle effect completely enters the bottom of the screen or leaves the top of the screen completely.Desktop 2023.12.02 - 10.48.03.02_1.gifSorry, I don't know anything about Lua.
I don't think anyone but the author of the script (if you can find out who wrote it, that is) can help you in this case, because it's not really about Rainmeter or Lua, but about the math used to generate that effect. Short of suggesting to play with the values for EllipseScaleW / H from the skin's .ini file and see if it makes a difference, I don't know what else you can do here... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Pyuahowaito

Re: How to enter and leave the screen more naturally and completely when the particle effect is generated?

Post by Pyuahowaito »

Yincognito wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 2:20 pm I don't think anyone but the author of the script (if you can find out who wrote it, that is) can help you in this case, because it's not really about Rainmeter or Lua, but about the math used to generate that effect. Short of suggesting to play with the values for EllipseScaleW / H from the skin's .ini file and see if it makes a difference, I don't know what else you can do here... :confused:
I tried adjusting the height and coordinates of the skin to extend beyond the screen for a similar effect. Thank you for your response.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Pyuahowaito wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 11:51 am I tried adjusting the height and coordinates of the skin to extend beyond the screen for a similar effect. Thank you for your response.
You're welcome - glad you found a way to do it. Be aware though that generally, the larger the skin is and the more frequently it is updated, the more CPU usage it will take. In any case, if it's acceptable for you or the increase is not significant, then it's all good. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth