It is currently April 28th, 2024, 4:39 am

Catppuccin Rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Soundbeast1

Catppuccin Rainmeter

Post by Soundbeast1 »

Hi all,
hoping somebody can help me here, i installed the Catppuccin rainmeter skin from
modkavartini, and would like to change the media player to NowPlaying from webnowplaying.
tried playing around with the code, i can pause and play my media player, but can't change
the artist or title, can anyone guide me please?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Catppuccin Rainmeter

Post by Yincognito »

Soundbeast1 wrote: December 1st, 2023, 5:23 pm Hi all,
hoping somebody can help me here, i installed the Catppuccin rainmeter skin from
modkavartini, and would like to change the media player to NowPlaying from webnowplaying.
tried playing around with the code, i can pause and play my media player, but can't change
the artist or title, can anyone guide me please?
Guide for NowPlaying:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/nowplaying/
Guide for WebNowPlaying:
https://wnp.keifufu.dev/rainmeter/usage

Switching between them does not change your media player, it changes the plugin that Rainmeter uses to interact with and get data from your media player. Therefore, to benefit from all the things such a plugin can do, your media player and its relevant functions must be supported by the desired plugin. So first, make sure your media player's Artist and Title are supported by NowPlaying, by checking the list of supported players from the link above. If all is good in that regard, then most likely your problem has to do with a typo in the code, bad syntax for the options, that kind of things. Those are generally fixed if you make sure you follow the description from the manual above. In rare cases, the particularities of a skin makes correcting such things, if any, slightly different, probably because of various variables or measures used, whose role is not exactly clear to the one making the potential adjustments. If so, then additional guidance would be needed based on the code. Regardless, such cases are not that frequent, and most of the times just making sure the syntax is correct would be enough.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Soundbeast1

Post by Soundbeast1 »

Tanks so much, will give it a try
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Soundbeast1 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:36 am Tanks so much, will give it a try
Sure thing. Feel free to come back and ask if there's something you can't do or don't understand. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth