It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:14 am

comments on hover

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Rafamear

comments on hover

Post by Rafamear »

i just forgor how can i put a comment do help someone that will use my skin, when i hover a meter
;===========================================Rafamear=================================================
;========================= :welcome: ========== My DeviantArt ========== :Whistle ==============================
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: comments on hover

Post by Yincognito »

Rafamear wrote: November 20th, 2023, 5:51 pm i just forgor how can i put a comment do help someone that will use my skin, when i hover a meter
Use a tooltip:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/tooltips/
As for commenting parts of the code, just precede the desired lines with the ; sign.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rafamear wrote: November 20th, 2023, 5:51 pm i just forgor how can i put a comment do help someone that will use my skin, when i hover a meter
I see Yincognito is not sure what does this mean, same way as I am not either. So, if by comment you did mean to comment out something in your code, make sure not to misunderstand Yincognito's reply:
Yincognito wrote: November 20th, 2023, 6:09 pm As for commenting parts of the code, just precede the desired lines with the ; sign.
A semicolon can be used to comment out something ONLY if it is the first character of a line. Unlike in any real programming language, you can't use a semicolon inside of a line, to comment out just what is following the semicolon. Details here.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 20th, 2023, 8:20 pmA semicolon can be used to comment out something ONLY if it is the first character of a line. Unlike in any real programming language, you can't use a semicolon inside of a line, to comment out just what is following the semicolon. Details here.
Yeah, I should have probably been clearer and say "As for commenting parts of the code, just precede each of the desired lines with the ; sign." :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:06 pm Yeah, I should have probably been clearer and say "As for commenting parts of the code, just precede each of the desired lines with the ; sign." :???:
Not sure. For a beginner it's not enough to say it this way. I assume...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:41 pm Not sure. For a beginner it's not enough to say it this way. I assume...
Well, even a beginner can still make logical connections, so I suppose most of them can deduce this much. :confused:

In any case, you already posted some additional clarifications on this, so I think it's alright. Most likely the OP referred to tooltips anyway, given the hover over a meter part...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: November 21st, 2023, 10:58 am Most likely the OP referred to tooltips anyway, given the hover over a meter part...
Ooops, right. Missed this detail. My bad...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 21st, 2023, 3:22 pm Ooops, right. Missed this detail. My bad...
No worries. I talked about both tooltips and code comments just in case. ;-)