It is currently May 9th, 2024, 4:09 am

I need help with changing my skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Oziv44

I need help with changing my skin

Post by Oziv44 »

I want to create a skin that creates a PNG image on my desktop and when I click on it, it changes to a different image
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I need help with changing my skin

Post by balala »

Oziv44 wrote: November 12th, 2023, 6:23 pm I want to create a skin that creates a PNG image on my desktop and when I click on it, it changes to a different image
Skin request is not allowed. But first of all we should understand what you want to achieve, because it's not entirely clear (at least for me). Do you want to create an image with Rainmeter (this is not possible), or you want to use it to show an existing image, which will be periodically changed?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Oziv44 wrote: November 12th, 2023, 6:23 pm I want to create a skin that creates a PNG image on my desktop and when I click on it, it changes to a different image
I wouldn't consider this a skin request... :???:
Here is code that will switch images; you need to edit it by adding the image names to ImageName= in both [MeterImage1] and [MeterImage2].

Code: Select all

; This code switches images when you add them to 'ImageName=...' values in MeterImage1 and MeterImage2
; As is, it will change a 100x100 square's color Where the images can be when left-clicked
; See the notes to add iamges in MeterImage1 and MeterImage2

; ========= Skin Settings ==========
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

; ========= Meters ==========
[MeterImage1]
Group=Images
Meter=Image
; Add your image after the equal sign below and remove the W, H, and SolidColor lines
ImageName=
W=100
H=100
SolidColor=0,255,0
Hidden=0
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter MeterImage2][!HideMeter MeterImage1][!Redraw]

[MeterImage2]
Group=Images
Meter=Image
; Add your image after the equal sign below and remove the W, H, and SolidColor lines
ImageName=
W=100
H=100
SolidColor=0,0,255
Hidden=1
X=r
Y=r
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ShowMeter MeterImage1][!HideMeter MeterImage2][!Redraw]
switcher.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 12th, 2023, 9:55 pm I wouldn't consider this a skin request... :???:
Here is code that will switch images;
Alright, however what intricates me is the original question:
Oziv44 wrote: November 12th, 2023, 6:23 pm I want to create a skin that creates a PNG image on my desktop
As wrote in my previous reply as well, I'm not sure if the OP wants to create an image file or wants to use existing images in his skin and just had an unfortunate formulation of the question. I assume the second case, but am I right?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: November 13th, 2023, 1:14 pm Alright, however what intricates me is the original question:

As wrote in my previous reply as well, I'm not sure if the OP wants to create an image file or wants to use existing images in his skin and just had an unfortunate formulation of the question. I assume the second case, but am I right?
It is true we don't want to create skins for people, but this was a pretty basic idea which was easily demonstrated...
We will see if the OP comes back with more requests...

Beyond the simple example, they can take a look at Getting Started for more about creating skins with Rainmeter :welcome:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: November 13th, 2023, 1:14 pm As wrote in my previous reply as well, I'm not sure if the OP wants to create an image file or wants to use existing images in his skin and just had an unfortunate formulation of the question. I assume the second case, but am I right?
He wants to use such an image. Folks are often not familiar with the proper "terminology" when starting out with a program (like Rainmeter, in this case). They also use fewer details than needed until they get up to speed with how things are done (probably not the case here, but just saying).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 13th, 2023, 2:32 pm We will see if the OP comes back with more requests...
Yincognito wrote: November 13th, 2023, 4:25 pm He wants to use such an image. Folks are often not familiar with the proper "terminology" when starting out with a program (like Rainmeter, in this case). They also use fewer details than needed until they get up to speed with how things are done (probably not the case here, but just saying).
:thumbup:
Oziv44

Post by Oziv44 »

Sorry, I don't speak English and I use Google translator (and the translator sometimes changes the meaning of sentences). I'm new and I don't really know anything about it (I don't want to force you to create this skin, I just don't know how to do it). To answer the question, I wanted to use a ready-made image in PNG format.
Oziv44

Post by Oziv44 »

Do you know where I can learn the basics?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Oziv44 wrote: November 14th, 2023, 7:10 pm To answer the question, I wanted to use a ready-made image in PNG format.
Alright, in this case I'm sorry I didn't get by first what did you mean. You can start working with eclectic-tech's code, posted by him above.
Oziv44 wrote: November 14th, 2023, 7:11 pm Do you know where I can learn the basics?
This is where you should start: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started/
It's the best place to start coding, but unfortunately you have to know a little bit of English to can use it.